The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
ASSR mixing question
Old 23rd May 2010
Here for the gear

ASSR mixing question

Hi Alan --

Thanks for taking the time to answer some of our questions here. I'm an ASSR member and have gone through just about all of the online videos and I have a question about something you mentioned on the second Mixing video: You mention that a good way to get a mono signal to sound stereo is to copy the track and delay one of the two copies a bit when panning them left and right. I've used this technique myself, but I've found that when I've done it, I often have phasing problems later if the track is played back in mono. Is there any kind of trick you use to avoid this?

BTW, I've thoroughly enjoyed ASSR and I'm looking forward to getting the DVD soon.

Thanks,

Tom Mc@
Old 1st June 2010
Special guest

If it phases in mono your delay is too short. About 20-25 mS usually works well. But if it's a percussive part you might find that that is an audible delay.

Thanks for your patience for the final ASSR DVD set - we are almost there.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search