The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Alan Parsons vs. Mastering
Old 2nd May 2010
Gear Nut

Alan Parsons vs. Mastering

i've read somewhere that you're opposed to having your work mastered. i think it was in the book Behind the Glass by H.Massey. coming from a generation for whom mastering is a fact of life, a matter of course, i find it interesting why you feel this way. would you care to elaborate on your reasons for this?

thanks.

chai
Old 4th May 2010
Special guest

Nothing could be further from the truth. I have always taken on mastering engineers for physical releases. They know fashions and have the means to improve on what you give them.

I like to attend mastering and we will collectively decide what needs to be done. I am usually against any compression but not averse to EQ if it's needed.

There is an upcoming online release called "All Our Yesterdays" pegged for May 25th on Authentik Records (written and recorded specially for The Art And Science Of Sound Recording series) where I have not consulted any mastering engineers but that will be a first. If it comes out on CD it will get mastered by a competent mastering engineer like everything else.

Thanks for writing

Alan
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search