The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Q+A with engineer Phill Brown

Sponsored By
  Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi Phil, you have worked on some of my favorite albums, I am in awe. What do you remember of the Bonzo Dog sessions? I am...

David R.
replies: 1 views: 3,302
phill brown 6th May 2011

Hi Phill... I would love to know what the strange organic sounds that gave the opening tracks in SOE such a strange otherworldly...

MarkJohn
replies: 1 views: 6,305
phill brown 6th May 2011

Firstly, I just finished your book and it was a very informative and eye-opening read. Thanks! 1. Given all the great vintage...

diamondjim
replies: 1 views: 4,364
phill brown 6th May 2011

Phill I love your work with the Stones, but i have been looking for the answer to this question for years, when hearing this on...

Jimsi
replies: 1 views: 3,979
phill brown 6th May 2011

ty for taking the time to answer q's :) I'm a gleaming fan of Laura Marling's 'Alas I Cannot Swim' the sounds are incredibly...

Fluner
replies: 1 views: 2,788
phill brown 6th May 2011

Hello Phil: Thanks for taking questions here! Would you mind talking about these sessions? I was an intern at a studio where...

tekis
replies: 1 views: 3,681
phill brown 6th May 2011

Hi, I love how the song Black Magic from Jarvis's solo album was produced, and was wondering what was used to create that deep...

dr_how
replies: 1 views: 3,175
phill brown 6th May 2011

Hi, I, and I'm sure many others, am wondering what your biggest engineering/ production secret may be. I'm deeply curious what...

asdfdsa
replies: 1 views: 6,589
phill brown 6th May 2011

Hey Phil! Thanks for your time and expertise over the years in engineering so much of the music that has been the backdrop of our...

AfterViewer
replies: 1 views: 3,069
phill brown 6th May 2011

Was alot of time spent on getting a solid sound before recording or was this done fast and live? Spooky Two sounds infinitly...

mappee
replies: 1 views: 2,908
phill brown 6th May 2011

Hello Phil and thank you so much for taking time with GS. When you were recording Dido do you think she had star power and...

jimmyboy7
replies: 1 views: 4,147
phill brown 6th May 2011

What was the major gear used on the dire straits recording? Type of console,recorder,mics and were was it? Was it Mark K...

bace
replies: 1 views: 5,003
phill brown 6th May 2011

Phill, It would be a pleasure to get your take on how you (and others) used drum compression/limiting in the 70s and how that...

jdsowa
replies: 1 views: 5,897
phill brown 6th May 2011

Did she have a preferred vocal chain? Was she tough/fun to work with? Outspoken? Thanks for sharing with us, I'm looking...

ljefe
replies: 1 views: 3,338
phill brown 6th May 2011

Hi Phil and thanks for the great work. For my Queen-related website, I'm trying to get as much info as possible about the...

sebsebseb
replies: 2 views: 4,193
phill brown 6th May 2011

Hey there Phill, thank you so much for doing this. I just wanted to ask you a quick question about the drum sound that you got...

DanDaMan
replies: 1 views: 3,648
phill brown 5th May 2011

How vivid are your memories of recording "Fire". I've always wondered about the reverb on that one (plate.. chamber...

thenoodle
replies: 1 views: 3,737
phill brown 5th May 2011

Loved the book, Phil, it was a great look into some of my favorite recordings. I'm quite certain Steve Winwood could sing into...

brill bedroom
replies: 1 views: 5,272
phill brown 5th May 2011

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search