The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Olympic & Island - Pianos
Old 6th May 2011
Gear Head

Olympic & Island - Pianos

Hi Phil and thanks for the great work.

For my Queen-related website, I'm trying to get as much info as possible about the equipment they used and the studios where they recorded. You worked at Olympic and Island, both of which were very important for the band's early years (although I don't know if you had any direct contact with them per se).

Anyway ... do you happen to remember any details about the pianos housed at either studio? Brand, size, colour ... anything would be helpful.

Thanks a lot!

Seb
Old 6th May 2011
I was at Abbey Road a few weeks back and they were very proud to show off a new piano addition - a (the?) grand piano from Olympic studios.

Carry on.
Old 6th May 2011
Special Guest

[QUOTE=sebsebseb;6613900]Hi Phil and thanks for the great work.

For my Queen-related website, I'm trying to get as much info as possible about the equipment they used and the studios where they recorded. You worked at Olympic and Island, both of which were very important for the band's early years (although I don't know if you had any direct contact with them per se).

Anyway ... do you happen to remember any details about the pianos housed at either studio? Brand, size, colour ... anything would be helpful.

Thanks a lot!

Hi Seb

I did not come into contact with Queen, most recorded at Rockfield and Sarm East. Pianos at Island Studios - Steinway Grand, Black I think.

Phill
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search