The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Your studio now?
Old 24th February 2017
Your studio now?

Hi David, I'd like to ask you if you want to share what gear you have in your studio now? What mixer do you use, or do you record and mix in the computer? Do you have any secret gear you didn't show us yet?
Pictures are very welcome, if possible. We'd love to see your working space.
Old 24th February 2017
Special Guest

hey reptil,
i'm currently not at home, so the pictures would have to wait. plus i'm not a believer in intimidating people with an impressive rig. in the end all this might not be necessary - i've seen people do the greatest stuff with freeware tracker on pc or with a 4-track cassette recorder, reason, ipad...
however, over the years of gathering more experience with the big classics, i've learned that not only the TRs are are more than contenders to their present days reincarnations, but also the big mothership synths of the 70s and 80s are a league of there own. Prophet 5, OB-8, PPG 2.2 Pro One, Minimoog, ARP 2600, Buchla but also SH-101, yamaha cs, Korg MS-20, Mono-poly, Linndrum Oberheim dx, Studio 440 - to me these kinda straight and somewhat limited (compared to nowadays overboarding, gimmicky features and ugly design with neon green racing stripes and jellybean coloured illuminated pads everywhere - omg ), are pure zen and each one is so soulful and alive that you can almost breeth the developers genius...
yes, i'm a believer and the same could be said about classic e pianos, guitars, amplifiers, microphones, mixing desks and outboard.
BUT: there is good contempory stuff like the nord modulars; anyware intruments tinysizer; korg minilogue & odysee; critter and guitari bolsa & organelle; novation cicuit; mutable instruments and yes Prophet P-6 and OB-6 are great, as well...
the classics are being recreated for good reason!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search