The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Workshop 04 A1 Untitled feat Fragment
Old 18th February 2017
Here for the gear

Workshop 04 A1 Untitled feat Fragment

David, Thank you for taking the time to do this and for all the great music. Such a great opportunity to learn and be exposed to the techniques of someone with your skill and experience - master class!

Your Workshop 04 A1 Untitled is one of my favorite piece of yours, the groove, the way it builds, unfolds, and the patience as you intro the elements and vocals.

I wanted to ask if you could (even briefly) walk us thru the process used in making this track, gear, and specifically the panning on the vox - were you concerned about how this would sound if played on a mono club sound, does it get lost?

Thanks again and in advance for your time!

Best,
JD
Old 24th February 2017
Special Guest

hey jd,
thank your for the kind words.
as the title implies, i did this track with a friend and dj from zurich named fragment.
it was him who brought the vocal sample and we did the whole track pretty quickly on ableton live.
perhaps, i overdubbed one guitar, but everything else is within the digital domain.
i can hear lots of operator in the track's synth/bass sounds and the fm cowbell, too (is the operator)...
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search