The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Mothercorn
Old 15th February 2017
Mothercorn

Hi David, I'm a huge fan - thank you for all the great music! I was wondering if you'd be willing to discuss the creative process and gear used on Mothercorn from Songs from the Beehive, or that album generally if you prefer. It's a favorite of mine.

By the way, I bought a micro modular the moment I had the cash after reading the Studio Pankow liner notes about it and have been on a synth adventure ever since - thanks for that too!

Matt
Old 17th February 2017
Special Guest

dear matt,
glad you're feelung the micro modular!
now to "mothercorn" / "songs from the beehive".
ben and i actuall did two albums around the time of "songs from the beehive" - the other one is the lesser known and slightly more experimental "let's call it a day" on binemusic.
the opening track c-sick is a relative or a predecessor of "mothercorn".
the nord modular on the two albums with benjamin is his domain.
i'm not sure, if he was already using the g2.
however, some patches make a return in variations and that's definitely the case with "c-sick" and "mothercorn".
"mothercorn" is my more cheesy / poppy take on ben's patch. the melody sound which is the sane as on "c-sick" is the vsti polysix from the korg legacy collection. the portamento bassline is probably another vsti (perhaps another instance of the polysix).
so, on both albums: benjamin is doing the nord modular and i do the other stuff. for instamce jupiter-6 some moog prodigy but also ableton live running a couple of vstis...
both albums were jammed live to 2trk

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search