The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Layering reverbs
Old 13th June 2016
Gear Nut

Layering reverbs

Hello David,

Reptil asked you question previously about 'recording and layering'. You mentioned layering reverbs:

"I am a reverb fan, so I'll also layer those. This came about from not having great outboard to start with, but realising that just taking 2 different budget reverbs actually sounds WAY better than it should, so I still do that with my Lexicon 300 and EMT 246. One is dark and warm, the other is richer and brighter."

What did you mean by that? Is this mixing or sound design technique?

Thanks,

-Olivia
Old 13th June 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivia Osmund View Post
Hello David,

Reptil asked you question previously about 'recording and layering'. You mentioned layering reverbs:

"I am a reverb fan, so I'll also layer those. This came about from not having great outboard to start with, but realising that just taking 2 different budget reverbs actually sounds WAY better than it should, so I still do that with my Lexicon 300 and EMT 246. One is dark and warm, the other is richer and brighter."

What did you mean by that? Is this mixing or sound design technique?

Thanks,

-Olivia
Hi Olivia
Yes a mixing technique
I simply mean combining two distinct reverbs in parallel when mixing, so using 2 linked aux sends on the console to go to two different reverb units (or having one send going to both reverb units via a splitter). It simply means you have 2 effect units working as one and because of this you can create a richer effect or hide any individual weaknesses of each reverb..
Cheers
David
Old 13th June 2016
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlmorley View Post
Hi Olivia
Yes a mixing technique
I simply mean combining two distinct reverbs in parallel when mixing, so using 2 linked aux sends on the console to go to two different reverb units (or having one send going to both reverb units via a splitter). It simply means you have 2 effect units working as one and because of this you can create a richer effect or hide any individual weaknesses of each reverb..
Cheers
David
Thanks!
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search