The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Stardancer / Tonus
Old 10th June 2016
Here for the gear

Stardancer / Tonus

^to me it sounds a little bit like afx's "on" with the bottom timbre resembling his "afx2" - Is it a pure compositional coincidence, or were you influenced by afx at the time?

<moderator note: edited. here's AFX "On">

Last edited by Reptil; 11th June 2016 at 08:25 AM.. Reason: -
Old 11th June 2016
Lives for gear

Hi there

I love Aphex's music, although not specifically here IIRC..I would plead innocence and coincidence! I certainly never TRIED to copy anyone
I was in the R&S studio when Renaat first opened a cassette of tracks from Richard. It was tracks for "Ambient Works Volume 1". I loved it straightaway and always thought he was just a breath of fresh air..I would say the people that influenced me most however were an odd mix of Tangerine Dream, Schulze, Black Sabbath, Floyd, Trevor Horn etc..I grew up on so much cool music and it all inspired me and I can hear it in what I do. I would think he was also influenced by some of the same artists as me.
The things is, looking back, everyone was doing their thing and I think you can hear that too, but it was one big movement so there is crosstalk everywhere. A fabulous period to be making underground or club music. Hardly a bad vibe anywhere..

thanks for the question!
David
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search