The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Collaboration with Andrea Parker
Old 10th June 2016
Collaboration with Andrea Parker

Hi David,
I'd like to ask you about the collaboration with Andrea Parker: Now I know this is a while ago, but perhaps you can give us some insight how you manage collaborations. How did that start, where did you make the "click" to do songs together. What are both your contributions and how do you fit that together? Since she was (is?) playing as a DJ, did you make dancefloor tracks?

Old 10th June 2016
Lives for gear

Hi there
We met via Renaat from R&S Records. He was in London and Andrea played a record of mine while he was in a club. He spoke to her and invited her over to Belgium to work with me. We hit it off straight away really. We are very different but we like so much of the same music that it just worked. I think it was a 50/50 thing on most fronts although Andrea was often clearer about where to go. It was always both of us designing the sounds, even if I physically did the patching, programming, sampling and the recording. We never really focused on straight ahead dance stuff, except later where we started going a direction I was less happy with perhaps, but in general it was what I would consider experiments in sound and rhythm.
We worked together for 15 years and it was sometimes hard work but a hell of a lot of fun. Some great memories and we should perhaps have had a break and then carried on. Instead it seems we are out of touch. I honestly felt a working connection with her that was very special. She's a special person.
On collaborations in general I think there has to be a personal bond. This can be a friendship and a desire to create music that you both like, or it can also be a certain tension, but respect for your partner has to be there.
Old 10th June 2016
Thanks for the answer!
Old 12th June 2016
Great stuff. Beautiful sounds David.
Old 12th June 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_G View Post
Great stuff. Beautiful sounds David.
Thanks Paul
Topic:
Search this Thread