The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
What was the sample at the start of "Brazil"?
Old 6th June 2016
Gear Guru

What was the sample at the start of "Brazil"?

Great classic track I've been sampling lots of short snippets from tracks to get similar sounds, but I'd love to know where this comes from and I hope you could tell us.
Old 6th June 2016
Lives for gear

Hi there!
It was sampled on an emulator III from a classical recording that CJ Bolland had with him. I believe it was "last night of the proms"
I used to sample fairly long sections of anything and simply trim down to interesting sections. The EIII is a great sounding sampler and that certainly helped the sound come out punchier. You could also do a fair amazing unit of post processing in the EIII which at the time was pretty advanced.
We used to spend HOURS sampling synths, records, real sounds and then HOURS editing them. The songs took less time that the sampling process :-)
Cheers
David.
Old 7th June 2016
Gear Guru

Thanks for your reply! I tried to find out the true pitch and length of the sample. There's a distinct spot in the frequency range where it almost sounds like an EQ bump was applied for emphasis.

Now comes the quest to find out which of the albums it was on :P
Old 9th June 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoozer View Post
Thanks for your reply! I tried to find out the true pitch and length of the sample. There's a distinct spot in the frequency range where it almost sounds like an EQ bump was applied for emphasis.

Now comes the quest to find out which of the albums it was on :P
I would have EQd quite extensively to make the sound punchier also the emulator III made everything sound great!
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search