The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Statements to the Negative-
Old 1st September 2008
soulstudios

Statements to the Negative-

Dave - you've not been one to mince words, or to not deliberately try to offend the old guard of the recording industry with your opinion - obligatory sample quote: "I don't like the word warm. For me it's another word for dull. I love saying that, because it pisses a lot of people off!".

But is there anything you wish you had not said - or anything that's come back to haunt you in ways you didn't intend - so far?
Cheers,
[email protected]
Old 4th September 2008
Guest Moderator - September 08

Sure, it seems like on a daily basis I upset somebody. The engineers I tease are the ones I owe it all to. Without their shoulders to stand on, we would be mighty low to the ground. I have actually studied and spent 1000's of hours listening to their records. There are hundreds of CD's I have worn out, trying to steal ideas, and make myself a better engineer. But I'm just a skeptic and smart-ass at heart. I truly love our profesion, and give all those in it respect. But I still enjoy pointing out ego, arrogance, and an unwillingness to accept any music that is new.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search