The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Dave, How'd You get so In the Box
Old 12th August 2004
Lives for gear

Dave, How'd You get so In the Box

Dave,
When did you first start doing mixes in the box? I think I read a Keyboard mag a few years back saying that you used to do a lot of arranging before getting into mixing. (not sure about that) At what point in the development of DAWs did in occur to you to do a mix fully in the box? Was it a gradual thing? or a full jump into the fire? What issues did you have then? Are they the same issues now that DAWs have improved (processing power, better plugins, etc)?
Old 12th August 2004
Lives for gear

After thinking about this I think the article that I read was about Rhett Lawrence so take out that part in the question.
Old 13th August 2004
Guest Moderator - September 08

Rhett

Well, I have been Rhett's main mixer since '96. I have really learned alot from him. He is genious. I actually started in the SynClavier box. It was one of the first DAWs in the '80s. One of the guys who gave me a start was Paul Davis. In the eighties, Paul wrote and produced in/on the SynClav. "65 Love Affair", "Cool Nights", and "Bop With You Baby" were all top 5 hits, and caused quite a bit of controversy because there was no tape. An engineer by the name of Ed Seay was brilliant on those records.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search