The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Do you have to care about the songs lyrics or message to mix it? Modular Synthesizers
Old 12th August 2004
Do you have to care about the songs lyrics or message to mix it?

I push this out here...

Puuuuuuush!

Then run away....

Ruuuuun

Old 12th August 2004
Gear maniac

No Jules,

Just as long as the song gets to me. One time I mixed (FOH) for a chinese rock band. Didn't understand a word, but loved every minute of it.

NYC Drew
Old 12th August 2004
Guest Moderator - September 08

Mixing in Chinese

I have to agree with NYC DEW. I have mixed in some foreign languages, and it is surprisingly similiar to English. I always try to pick out important words to EKO, (in the foreign language) and the client usually gets a laugh out of it. Most of the time I get it right! It is easier to mix a song when you like the lyrics, such as "Beautiful", but if I like the track, the client, just got laid, or had chemical enhancement (kidding...retired), it can still be fun. I am more influenced by my surroundings than I am the lyrics. I love to mix, and am arrogant enuff to think I can turn any piece of crap into a good song. I even enjoy the challenge of that. You can't polish a turd, but you can always spray paint it GOLD! I once asked a second to change his shirt, because it was so bright (hockey jersey) I couldn't concentrate. I can usually find something to inspire me in the track. More on this as we progress into some of the mechanics of mixing.
Old 12th August 2004
jho
Lives for gear

Re: Mixing in Chinese

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Pensado
You can't polish a turd, but you can always spray paint it GOLD!
I love this...I can relate!

Welcome Dave!

Old 5th September 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Pensado View Post
I once asked a second to change his shirt, because it was so bright (hockey jersey) I couldn't concentrate.
Hahaha. Legend!
Should av tried that with Ms Aguilera. heh
Mentioned Products
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search