The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Drum Performance Editing
Old 23rd September 2015
Gear Addict

Drum Performance Editing

Thank you for participating in this discussion, and sorry if my question is a bit "noobish".

When editing a drum performance, do you do any of the following, and which approach do you take most often?:

(1) Align certain sections (beat one of each measure for example) to the grid

(2) Adjust certain sections of a drum performance closer to the grid to tighten things up

(3) Do not have to adjust the timing of the drum performance since the drummers you mix are so awesome.

Thanks,

Robert
Old 25th September 2015
VIP Guest

It depends on the drummer's performance on the subject of editing/aligning to grid. I cut to a click maybe 50% of the time. I go for feel above all . I listen to every beat and then decide what
course I will take. If the drum take feels good I may not do anything. OR, if the song demands precision, I will align to the grid. Its is ALL about feel.
Old 26th September 2015
Gear Addict

Thank you.
Old 29th September 2015
Lives for gear

...Ever move stuff OFF the grid (for feel)?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search