The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Offsping IOTH vocals Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 23rd September 2015
Gear Nut

Offsping IOTH vocals

Hi Dave, love your work and thanks for sharing with us

Ixnay on the Hombre was one of my early music acquisition, and it really made some impact on me. Looking back and listening again I wonder how the vocals were tracked and effected, especially on Ixnay, as on Americana, this type of vocal sound get more scarce replaced by drier vocals, but on Ixnay it's all over it.

How was it done? is it actually double/multiple tracked? room mics? Or just delay / verb / harmonizer?

cheers
Old 23rd September 2015
VIP Guest

I double and triple tracked the vocals. And I did use delay/Harmonizer 3000/480 Lexicon reverb . Today i go more dry however I still use delay from my Roland 501 and I love the effects in
the new Eventide H9.
Old 25th September 2015
Gear Nut

sounds like a real lot of editing It also sounds quite different from AiC type of doubling. Whats the difference in approach?

Did you treat the different tracks separattely or just set the levels and treat as a group? whats the thinking behind it?
Old 25th September 2015
VIP Guest

I treat the vocals both separately and as a group.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search