The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Just Because Guitars
Old 19th September 2015
Lives for gear

Just Because Guitars

Hi Dave,

I think the guitars on "Just Because" are truly epic. It's just a huge sounding record.

It has an immediacy that sounds like a live band just playing some great rock, but intricacies in the guitar parts that also sound like a lot of tracks may have been used.

I wonder if you comment on what you remember about getting the sound on this record, which ranks with "I can See For Miles" to me as one of my favorite guitar records of all time!

Thanks much
Tom
Old 19th September 2015
VIP Guest

Actually "I can see for miles" is not only one of my all time favorite songs I use that song as a template for many songs I produce. I have recorded so many songs like "Just Because" its
hard for me to pin down exactly what in particular (if anything) was unique about this particular recording. After some 37 years of recording it sometimes all seems to blur together.
Thanks for the question.Cheers

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search