The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Neve mod for Distressors?
Old 16th May 2003
Lives for gear

Neve mod for Distressors?

Dave, at the AES show last October I spoke with you for a little bit and you mentioned you were working on a Neve mod for the Distressors. I'm just wondering if that is still in the works. If it is, please sign me up!!!
Old 16th May 2003
The Distressor's "daddy"

Albert

SHHhhhh! <laughing>. The Distressor is upgradeable and there will be other emulations available in the future. But probably not for a while. As years go buy, I hope to release documentation that allows others to make their own "compressors " for the Distressor and Fatso. Provision is made for all kinds of things in those units. Im actually surprised no one has started doing mods to them except us.

Hows that for a non-commital answer?
grudge
Old 16th May 2003
Lives for gear

Damn, like I needed ANOTHER reason to have to get one of these. Since I have heard the results of having some of my recordings manipulated with the empirical labs stuff, I have been jonesin' hard. Why oh why am I going to buy a pt setup instead of plunkin down for a distressor? Looks like it's going to be ramen for the next few months.
Old 16th May 2003
Lives for gear

That's kinda exciting! (the hint of future distressor mods, that is... not G's all ramen-diet )

However... I understand that there may be room and facilities internally for upgrades and modifications, but ... well.. where would you put a 33609 mode (or any other forthcoming ratio-setting/mode) on the control side of things?

Can the existing faceplate handle further expansion?

-dave
Old 16th May 2003
Lives for gear

Well, if I go on the all ramen diet, I can at least get those bags of frozen mixed seafood for 3.99. Not too shabby.
Old 17th May 2003
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by G-man
Well, if I go on the all ramen diet, I can at least get those bags of frozen mixed seafood for 3.99. Not too shabby.
mmmmmm. chum.....
Old 17th May 2003
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by e-cue
mmmmmm. chum.....
Exactly! It's the cheap stuff- cut up squid, some mini-shrimp, mussels, a couple chunks of grouper- but throw it in some spicy ramen and you're stylin'.
Old 17th May 2003
Lives for gear

There's space for another switch between the Release and Output knobs. After that, I'm not sure where they would go. You'd need three way switches at that point!

Sorry if I spilled the beans Dave, but I sure hope you do come out with some more mods. The Neve mod sounded like a cool idea to me last October and it still sounds like a cool idea now. Mods seem like a *relatively* easy way to make the Distressors even more flexible and infuse your company with some quick cash as well.

Like I said, sign me up!!!!
Old 25th May 2003
The Distressor's "daddy"

Quote:
Originally posted by Albert
Sorry if I spilled the beans Dave, but I sure hope you do come out with some more mods. The Neve mod sounded like a cool idea to me last October and it still sounds like a cool idea now. Mods seem like a *relatively* easy way to make the Distressors even more flexible
Albert, the Fatso is all set up for lots of upgrades and modifcations too... heh
Old 25th May 2003
Lives for gear

Dave, can we europeans, buy the imperial products factory direct ?
Old 26th May 2003
The Distressor's "daddy"

No Im sorry but we do not sell direct from the factory. We do have great dealers over near you tho. Let me try to get GIL, our Distributor to fill you in on the closest ones to Belgium.

Thanks!
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search