The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Turnaround time for mods
Old 2nd May 2003
Gear maniac

Turnaround time for mods

Greetings Dave. First off, I love my Distressors. I have two that I've used on every recording I've done for the last two years. One of the best purchases I've ever made. Keep up the good work.

Back when I bought my Distressors, my gear broker claimed that if I wanted to get the stereo and Brit mods it would take upwards of 3-6 months because Empirical Labs was so backordered. Was/is this true? I would really love to get these mods done but there is no way I can be without my main compressors for months (not even one). What it the usual turnaround time for getting both mods done?

Keep rockin',
Shawn

PS- Is the seperate circuitry always engaged when using the 10:1 ratio or does it depend on the attack/release settings?
Old 3rd May 2003
The Distressor's "daddy"

Shawn

There is literally no wait here for mods... as long as you are in the US. Overseas is always a shipping hassle. We turn things around in one or two days... just ask around. You know, I hate companies that take longer than a few days to fix something ... gear should be coming in and out at the same rate and if you have a good design to start with, why shouldnt a 4 hour job go out the day after it comes in?

We burn things in for a nite usually, but honestly, more than 2 days is rare.

In the 10:1 opto mode, the different circuitry is always in, regardless of attack and release settings.
Old 9th May 2003
Lives for gear

ELI turned my Brit mod over in a day... very impressive! Thanks again...
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search