The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Q+A with Daniel Lanois

Options
Views: 5,511
24th November 2017
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Daniel Lanois Selected Discography 1976 Singable Songs for the Very Young Raffi Musician, Producer 1980 Ambient 2: The...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 17,803
Jules 16th March 2008

Thanks a lot guys kfhkh I know you were busy so it was very cool of you to do it. Soon I will move the Q&A down to the...

Jules
replies: 6 views: 31,074
CrazyBeast 1st April 2008

What Albums or even just tracks made a big impact on you? and what are you listening to now that you really enjoy...??? Ps I...

gurubuzz
replies: 1 views: 22,110
Daniel Lanois 26th March 2008

Hi Mr. Lanois, Just a note to say how much I enjoyed Shine from start to finish. The guitar sounds are some of the most...

musicispower
replies: 1 views: 17,952

howdy Mr Lanois I would like to have your insight of how you "work" with a band, particularly in the preproduction...

Saudade
replies: 1 views: 25,808

Hello Daniel and thanks for taking the time to respond to our nerdy questions... Can you share any insights on the recording...

baikonour
replies: 1 views: 18,150

Hi Daniel, I've read in an interview, that you were using cheap handheld recorders (Zoom ?) in some sessions. Could you...

kosi
replies: 1 views: 16,822

Can you talk about some of the equipment and techniques used on Time Out of Mind? I am mesmorized by the vocals and organ...

RMcFarland
replies: 1 views: 18,732
Daniel Lanois 23rd March 2008

Hi Daniel, I have always been a great fan of your pedal steel playing. It is indeed unique and inspiring. Would you mind...

american
replies: 1 views: 23,183

How did you deal with the bass drum(s)? Are we hearing a bass drum from each drum track, or did you feature one? If they are...

philosi
replies: 1 views: 15,503

Salut Dan, Looking at pictures on the libretto of Shine I had a few questions. What is the use of the two 57's with an...

studiovv
replies: 1 views: 16,522

Hello there, First, thank you for your time and thoughts. Space. That's my question. Obviosuly you've worked in all...

Dirty Halo
replies: 1 views: 27,653

Hi there Mr Lanois! I´m a big fan of your music and congratulations to your last album, looking forward to see the film. I...

omnichord
replies: 1 views: 17,212

A friend reminded me last night about the helmet microphone. Would you care to elaborate on this? Where was it used, etc. All...

chetatkinsdiet
replies: 1 views: 15,650

It sounds very much like a band in a room with the pedal steel overdubbed. Can you explain how it was recorded...and what...

cramseur
replies: 1 views: 12,675

Daniel! Thank you for so many years of inspiring music and stunning production. Legend has it the vocals for Joshua Tree and...

echobridge
replies: 1 views: 22,975

Mr. Lanois: How do you go about establishing an album's identity so that all the songs sound like a cohesive whole and so the...

Aaron Miller
replies: 1 views: 14,593

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us! I was wondering about your way of mixing: what are your favorite...

alexkemp
replies: 1 views: 22,157

Hi Daniel: "Death Of A Train" is one my favorite songs and the way the guitar builds throughout and explodes at the...

w2w
replies: 1 views: 13,502
Daniel Lanois 20th March 2008

Hello Daniel, Thanks for taking time out to answer questions. I'm hoping you can help solve a little mystery I have: I recently...

David Jay
replies: 1 views: 18,218

Hi, Can you tell us what the most important lesson was you learned from working with Bob Dylan? jkthtyrt thanks, miqer

miqer
replies: 1 views: 18,952

Daniel - First, my favorite new album is your latest, Here Is What Is. The entire album, front to back is extremely...

Protools Guy
replies: 1 views: 19,496

Hi Dan , You seem to have a reflected a lot on the process of recording , do you have any "rules" or...

ThomasWho
replies: 1 views: 22,340

Hi Daniel. I am a huge fan of your work mate. I especially love U2's "The Joshua Tree" and I have just downloaded your...

anguswoodhead
replies: 1 views: 20,583

Dear Daniel I'm a big fan of yours, enjoy your albums and your production of other artists enormously. A constant...

Santiago
replies: 1 views: 19,436

First off thank you Mr. Lanois for sharing your precious time with us. At the risk of sounding like gushing fool Shine has to...

matta
replies: 1 views: 16,047
Daniel Lanois 17th March 2008

Hey Daniel, I hope all is well. Your last solo album is the ****! They are all good and they are all a vibe, like an album...

replies: 1 views: 16,295

Hi Daniel, Been a fan of your work for many years, thank you. A few questions... Do you still have those Decca compressors...

Silvertone
replies: 1 views: 16,010

Hi Mr. Lanois , thanks for being here! I believe you use a lot of vintage gear like guitars , amps , mics and so forth. Have...

ThomasWho
replies: 1 views: 19,147

Hi Mr Lanois , On a lot of your solo stuff you have your vocal loud in the mix. The sound is very intimate and...

ThomasWho
replies: 1 views: 20,844

Hi Daniel thank you for answering some of our questions. peachh do you use mix buss compression? if you do...which...

dj_who
replies: 1 views: 22,143

Hello Mr. Lanois, What was the "Bobometer" you and your brother had at the Hamilton studio?

JTR
replies: 1 views: 13,619

Daniel, It has been reported that the LA2A compressor was used for Edge's guitar on the Unforgettable Fire album. Are you able...

kilmainham
replies: 1 views: 22,981

Dan , do you have eny experience with recording a whole band in the "controlroom" , having all the studio gear and...

ThomasWho
replies: 1 views: 22,728

1. I'm curious about the technique you use for overdubbing separate drum takes. The first time I noticed it is on Willie Nelson's...

scottwilson
replies: 1 views: 16,585

Hi Daniel. Did you use an E-Bow to get the distortion on 'Most of the Time'? Its the first sound that comes up in the intro...

littledoodler
replies: 1 views: 16,748

First of all, thank you for volunteering your time here! The bottom end on the Neville Brothers' Yellow Moon is so intense -...

Stizz
replies: 1 views: 12,664

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search