The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tips & Tricks to mange the energy of a band
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Tips & Tricks to mange the energy of a band

Hi Che,

I really enjoyed how the band expressed excitement on the behind the scenes video. What was your approach to manage the energy of the band? And how did mixing as you go help in the process of recording the takes?

thanks
Lubi
Old 3 weeks ago
special guest

The band were already excited to be part of that creative process, so that helped. Including them in said process and explaining the process to them kept them very engaged, as they were curious about the recording techniques we were implementing as well. We were doing a live recording, so in capturing the levels in terms of mic'ing and position, we were having to keep that all in mind as well as overall level as it was coming in to tape. I consulted with my engineer and we came up with a strategy for the recording. That strategy consisted of Mic Pre choices, mic choices, mic placement choices, and using tape emulation. That gave us a road map to the mix.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search