The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Forum  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
  Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

You posted this, and it stuck in the back of my subconscience over the past few days: The midrange has always been my...

Curve Dominant
replies: 14 views: 1,908
Jax 25th November 2002

Hi All, A little bit about myself: My name is Charles Dye and I'm an engineer, mixer + producer based out of Miami,...

Charles Dye
replies: 13 views: 3,006
MattiMattMatt 24th November 2002

Charles could you give a quick run down of which master fader plugs you "mix through" (like Ac 1?) and which ones you...

Pete Weaver
replies: 4 views: 2,062
Charles Dye 24th November 2002

I'd like to hear more about reverb and how you guys use it. My tendency is to use too much. It'll sound fine on individual vocal...

Mike Jasper
replies: 12 views: 8,510
Steve Smith 24th November 2002

My coach told me the other night, "You cannot EVER get TOO cocky." Jon Atack has been dropping hints in my direction...

Curve Dominant
replies: 18 views: 1,646
Ol' Betsey 22nd November 2002

Hey all, I posted this on anoter thread and have yet to get a response. I am not interested in charts an graphs, just...

Jotown
replies: 1 views: 3,397
Jax 21st November 2002

Just curious as to whether anyone here ever tracks vocals directly into PT without compression first. I'm not so much looking...

tld
replies: 52 views: 4,826
Jules 21st November 2002

This post isn't as enlightening as all the others, but we are gearslutz after all, so I'd like to know what equipment Dye...

Mike Jasper
replies: 3 views: 1,586
Chae Ham 20th November 2002

In the old days when i would turn in a master i would retain all my mix notes and recall info. Now i'm asked to turn in mixes,...

bjornson
replies: 26 views: 2,046
Curve Dominant 20th November 2002

Since we're halfway through our month with Charles Dye, I thought it might be helpful to summarize some of his more revealing...

Mike Jasper
replies: 22 views: 1,291
Curve Dominant 20th November 2002

My apologies for not starting a thread for a few days now, responding to all the other cool threads has kept me really busy, but...

Charles Dye
replies: 66 views: 7,542
Jax 20th November 2002

A survey, of sorts. Who among us uses the Pro Tools edit window to "Sculpt" or "Paint" sound, in some...

Curve Dominant
replies: 12 views: 1,174
pan 20th November 2002

When I'm working on the sound of an instrument, it's soloed up and I'm fiddling with its EQ, compression, + other plugs, I've...

Charles Dye
replies: 40 views: 3,861
Stick 19th November 2002

G4 500 chip for my Beige G3 300 MBox & laptop as secondary 'editing station' Moved from Apogee to Prism converters A...

Jules
replies: 16 views: 2,944
Curve Dominant 19th November 2002

Hey Charles, Talk to us about preparing your mix for mastering. I have several questions . . . 1. Mastering engineers are...

Pete Weaver
replies: 27 views: 20,113
Curve Dominant 19th November 2002

Hello Dynamic rullers, I must say that this forum is top of the top, you are great! I am just finishing an album and I am...

mihau
replies: 6 views: 1,188
mihau 18th November 2002

For AES in 2001 a panel was scheduled with engineers Joe Chicarelli, Mick Guzauski, Tony Maserati, Roger Nichols, Dave Pensado,...

Charles Dye
replies: 31 views: 4,088
Charles Dye 18th November 2002

Hey Charles, just to let you know: I appreciate your taking the time and effort to answer all of our questions to the best of...

Jax
replies: 8 views: 2,173
Jax 16th November 2002

THIS IS FOR Charles and others who make extensive use of plug ins What do you recommend as a front end for a studio (mine)...

no ssl yet
replies: 21 views: 2,040
no ssl yet 16th November 2002

hello everyone! how r u guys printing ur mixes ? do u guys bounce to disk, route it out to dac n to 2trk machine like...

xqtion
replies: 14 views: 2,570
bjornson 16th November 2002

let's discuss some control surface tips / techniques / pro's / con's etc etc .... I for one cannot mix with a mouse. Even a...

C.Lambrechts
replies: 16 views: 1,549
Nowak 15th November 2002

Hey Gang, For anyone who's interested, here's a new mix I just finished, where I employed many of the methods and plugins...

Pete Weaver
replies: 10 views: 1,750
Jax 14th November 2002

yes yes, this thread has been typed to death in the DUC... but this is my question. Charles do you or would you track any...

doug_hti
replies: 36 views: 3,888
Jax 14th November 2002

How does the spatializer ptools plug work? Does the spatializer plug move sounds forward/backward as well as beyond the left...

no ssl yet
replies: 7 views: 4,264
thethrillfactor 13th November 2002

What are peoples thoughts on panning different percentages from hard left to hard right and processing vocal stacks? for...

doug_hti
replies: 1 views: 1,318
Charles Dye 13th November 2002

Would tracking all tracks through API and Neve pre's not eliminate the need for Analog Channel? Well at least analog Channel...

no ssl yet
replies: 7 views: 1,831
Charles Dye 13th November 2002

Hi Charles, welcome to Gearslutz. howdy Got a few plugin questions for ya; 1) Is that list of your favorite plugins on...

bassmac
replies: 36 views: 4,252
CrazyBeast 13th November 2002

Are these processors doing the same thing?? I used a demo version of the Duy stuff and it expired before I could explore this. ...

no ssl yet
replies: 0 views: 1,478
no ssl yet 12th November 2002
replies: 3 views: 2,102
Charles Dye 12th November 2002

Hi Charles and the other Slutz! You read the header, this one is about the plugin, that saved several asses sofar...be it...

pan
replies: 16 views: 3,463
postboy 12th November 2002

I know it's a boring subject, but one we all struggle with. For me lately it's come down to selling clients big FW drives, even...

bjornson
replies: 23 views: 1,554
Dr. J 12th November 2002

Ok Chaz, as you will be recieving our rough very soon, this begs a very appropriate question, How do you like your rough. You...

Dr. J
replies: 0 views: 1,618
Dr. J 11th November 2002

Greetings Charles, I apologize for the off-topic nature of this question but, i may have the chance to relocate to orlando and...

mcgwd
replies: 3 views: 1,140
e-cue 11th November 2002

I have recently taken the HD recording plunge. I got alot of "Sell your PC, buy a Mac and get PT drool from people "In...

AndyT
replies: 1 views: 898
Steve Smith 11th November 2002

I've decided to go with the future (HD3) instead of getting several mix cards. Should I wait to go OSX? What is the status of...

no ssl yet
replies: 6 views: 1,134
Jules 10th November 2002

I rely on programs like Battery (I stream 14 different outputs at a time into my pro-tools sessions using a custom drum sample...

Bobby Terry
replies: 0 views: 1,311
Bobby Terry 10th November 2002

Hello Charles! Are you Planning on writing a book?Having your book next to me for refrence while i mix would be great, This...

SoundEng1
replies: 7 views: 1,721
Charles Dye 9th November 2002

is it that, what PT stands for? Charles, what is the average quality of the sources, you get for mixing? Do you have to do a...

pan
replies: 1 views: 1,321
Charles Dye 9th November 2002

Having just spoken to one of the main producers at the studio I'll be moving into and my "soon-to-be famous Pro...

Ol' Betsey
replies: 12 views: 1,404
cajonezzz 9th November 2002

Which way are projects transferable between Mix and HD? If something is recorded 24/48 on a HD system, can it be mixed on a...

Ol' Betsey
replies: 5 views: 1,039
C.Lambrechts 9th November 2002

I am v keen to get rocking with 96k multitracking. I am using it for mixes already. Thoughts?

Jules
replies: 22 views: 1,641
Richard Chycki 8th November 2002

OK, i'll bite. After reading the excellent thread about delay compensation (credit to C.Lambrechts) i thought i'd go out on...

Tim Glasgow
replies: 5 views: 2,163
groundcontrol 8th November 2002

Let's give this topic it's own thread. Charles, do you always compensate for plug in delay or do you go by your ears? It...

kushan_ku
replies: 34 views: 5,526
C.Lambrechts 8th November 2002

Charles, Thanks for your time here. When mixing IN the box, do you incorporate outboard gear such as EQ's, Comp's, Verb's,...

RSMITH123
replies: 32 views: 5,667
Curve Dominant 8th November 2002

Before I begin allow me to discuss the best 2 pieces of advice I have ever received regarding engineering. The first came from...

no ssl yet
replies: 7 views: 2,100
Neve Sucks! 7th November 2002

If only this forum could continue beyond 'guest' status. My questions: What's this about HD2 and HD3? I've just ordered the HD...

chrisso
replies: 2 views: 1,981
Charles Dye 7th November 2002

This is for Charles or anyone else who might know: Has a significant recording ever been made with a Digi 001?

Mike Jasper
replies: 7 views: 2,355
Mike Jasper 7th November 2002

When I begin a mix the first thing I work on is not the kick, the snare, or the sound of any instrument. The first thing I focus...

Charles Dye
replies: 47 views: 4,415
Charles Dye 7th November 2002

Hi Charles and all, Charles, I wonder what you think are the key elements to the art of Pro Tools working. It seems like a lot...

Renie
replies: 23 views: 3,746
Jules 6th November 2002

I’m doing narration work C1>RenDeEss>>RenBass C1 Gate set to -40 RenDeEss Freq at 5999 narrow Ren Bass set at...

shameless
replies: 4 views: 1,474
shameless 5th November 2002
Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search