The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Q+A with Charles Dye

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I am so excited, Im going to master my album with Bob on monday, has anyone used him before ? he is the best (or one of the best)...

mac black
replies: 53 views: 19,820
jazzius II 23rd April 2004

Hey Charles, I'm about to record strings for the first time. (Quartet and solo) and I'm trying to decide which mics to...

1nation
replies: 10 views: 6,145
fifthcircle 23rd April 2004

For PC PT users, I have what should turn out to be really great news for all of you: I've heard (but I can't say from who)...

Charles Dye
replies: 17 views: 8,845
Shan 23rd April 2004

For those of you who followed along with the Hard Disk Life column, you'll be familiar with the band Crease. In HDL we mixed one...

Charles Dye
replies: 22 views: 8,078
jeronimo 23rd April 2004

quote: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Originally posted by C.Lambrechts...

Shaman
replies: 8 views: 6,418
Ruudman 22nd April 2004

PT dropped samplecell which though limited was functional. Since then I've bought Kontakt and Mach 5. They are both...

Renie
replies: 4 views: 5,450
Ruudman 22nd April 2004

hi charles I was wondering if you might give some tips how you mix drums (especially what kind of compressors you use) inside...

lukas
replies: 35 views: 18,345
jeronimo 22nd April 2004

I recently mixed some songs for my friend. When playing them on a CD I realized that there where pops at the end of my tracks. I...

Two Left Hands
replies: 6 views: 5,472
7rojo7 21st April 2004

Since I am using an Mbox and and doing everything as far as instruments and such, I am programming my drums using high quality...

TheReal7
replies: 38 views: 10,313
Shan 21st April 2004

I have PT 002. I would like some advice on how to do some mastering of my own. I don't have a lot of plugins. I would especially...

Two Left Hands
replies: 1 views: 5,275
Nathanael 21st April 2004

Charles, As good as plugin reverbs like REVERB ONE...are... don´t you feel tempted sometimes to use a 960 / 480 / 6000 /...

Shaman
replies: 37 views: 11,015
djui5 20th April 2004

I've been working on a mix for this pop-rock-retro song "Hey, Peter Pan" and since Charles offered to comment on mixes,...

Mike Jasper
replies: 14 views: 5,680
Mike Jasper 20th April 2004

Coming from Bolivia (south america) , finding a session drummer is imposible. For years I have always encountered the frustration...

Jose Mrochek
replies: 49 views: 12,093
Jose Mrochek 20th April 2004

Hi! This might sound esotherical but have you guys felt a different sound when upgrading your PT software? I remember that...

Alécio Costa
replies: 2 views: 5,110
TheReal7 20th April 2004

Hello everyone, I would like to get some tips on how to thicken a vocal performance. We tried using some pitchshift to give it a...

Jose Mrochek
replies: 11 views: 26,052
picksail 20th April 2004

Hello....I am new to this forum. So go easy on me. I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on recording Nickelbacl...

TheReal7
replies: 3 views: 8,282
TheReal7 19th April 2004

Charles, I know this is probably a OLD topic around these parts... but, I was interested to hear your thoughts on convolution...

tee boy
replies: 4 views: 5,719
tee boy 19th April 2004

I'm gonna try like hell to move to osx and PT6.xx during some down time at the end of this month. I'm getting my ducks in a row...

cajonezzz
replies: 23 views: 6,801
hammer 19th April 2004

I am soon going to be doing an internship. I am now choosing between a big and small studio. Big Studio (2 studios, 1 mixing...

Two Left Hands
replies: 20 views: 6,579
Jose Mrochek 18th April 2004

Hi everyone, Just a quicky! Im interested to know how RTAS plugs compare against TDM in terms of quality. I used to use a Mix...

tee boy
replies: 24 views: 25,907
djs 18th April 2004

Hello Charles I'd like to have some feedback on this: I have several plugs for EQ (Waves Bundle, Focusrite, Blue Tubes, Bomb...

Gerax
replies: 2 views: 5,971
Alécio Costa 18th April 2004

Please, no posts about analog v. digital summing. This thread is to discuss mixing rock while using your DAW's internal digital...

Charles Dye
replies: 41 views: 15,598
Alécio Costa 18th April 2004

Hello Charles! Welcome Back!I Know you've mentioned this some where else but,how do go about setting up the AC1 in initial part...

SoundEng1
replies: 8 views: 7,305
JFernandez 18th April 2004

Charles, the last time you were here was before you moved to HD. First let me ask what you consider the sonic benefits of your...

no ssl yet
replies: 13 views: 6,306
Extreme Mixing 18th April 2004

Charles, What songs, productions inspired you to aspire to become a music producer? Also wondered what current music and...

Renie
replies: 8 views: 5,679
JasonWWW 18th April 2004

hello Charles, first of all, congratulations for your work. now my question... i'd really like to know how to obtain a long...

dexter
replies: 3 views: 7,537
ixnys 18th April 2004

I’m a student of a music college in Nishny Novgorod, Russia. I’d like to be a producer. Nowadays I’m studying Theory...

Alchemy
replies: 7 views: 5,670
Shan 17th April 2004

...yet another path to lead you down... Curious at what spl you cal to Charles and if room tuning is high on your...

AUDIOSFX
replies: 32 views: 10,465
Temp Love 17th April 2004

I was wondering if anyone out there has some good web sites and/or books that I could check out to find mixing techniques. I was...

Two Left Hands
replies: 4 views: 6,856
ProFool 16th April 2004

Hello Charles! Could you talk about some of the vocal chains you use when mixing? This is an area I struggle with a bit. I do...

superbee
replies: 2 views: 5,708
b-magical 16th April 2004

Charles, I set up the Drum/Squish signal path that you discribed in one of the threads. Just wanted to say that it works...

Extreme Mixing
replies: 21 views: 7,717
wallace 16th April 2004

I've been mixing all week + trying my best to keep up here @ the same time. I know there are plenty of posts to respond to + as...

Charles Dye
replies: 1 views: 5,158
Ethan Winer 16th April 2004

Hi everyone! A little bit about myself: My name is Charles Dye and I'm an engineer, mixer + producer based out of Miami,...

Charles Dye
replies: 35 views: 12,494
Alécio Costa 16th April 2004

I'm having a great time here this month and I'm enjoying reading all your great posts. After I read them I often want to know...

Charles Dye
replies: 24 views: 6,057
alphajerk 16th April 2004

I just received this email from John Sawyer of GC PRO. Thought you'd like to see it. Here's the PDF: What do you guys + gals...

Charles Dye
replies: 43 views: 39,959
axtrak 16th April 2004

IMO, Serban Ghenea, mix engineer for The Neptunes and Kenna among others, is the best "in the box" mixer out there. ...

travista00
replies: 4 views: 24,236
Lindell 15th April 2004

When you started out didn't you (like most of us) wanted to have a big console, with tape machines everywhere and lot's of...

Hans Hitmachine
replies: 19 views: 6,652
De chromium cob 15th April 2004

I wanted to make a thread to personally thank Charles for all the contributions he's made to this forum. He's gone to great...

djui5
replies: 16 views: 5,750
Charles Dye 15th April 2004

To Charles and all y'all. When you use fades, do you use Equal Power or Equal Gain? I've read the manual, it's not clear, but...

Mike Jasper
replies: 9 views: 10,243
Mike Jasper 15th April 2004

Charles, I am going to upgrade from mix plus to hd1. Converters-192 or 96. I will be reording at 44.1 and 24 bit. I was going to...

music
replies: 3 views: 6,338
music 15th April 2004

Charles, Just curious what A/D/A converters you use if other than the 192 you mentioned earlier. Also what do you use for a...

djui5
replies: 3 views: 5,411
djui5 14th April 2004

A little bird has told me you have some flying hours on this baby... So! Whats it like? diddlydoo

Jules
replies: 22 views: 7,808
djui5 14th April 2004

Hi Charles, I have read all the HDL articles and I have found them very helpfull!!I must say thet I am not a Protools user but...

Yiannis
replies: 5 views: 5,560
Yiannis 14th April 2004

Today I came across an Unusual situation. I don't know if it's a great thing or bad. We finally finished tracking drums and...

Jose Mrochek
replies: 3 views: 5,416
Charles Dye 14th April 2004

Charles, before I post my question allow me to say that my post is not an attempt to disavow your use of plugins nor their...

no ssl yet
replies: 1 views: 5,888
Charles Dye 14th April 2004

Plug-ins can't compensate for what Pro Tools is lacking. Charles, I've noticed in the screenshots of your mix channels, you...

Robotnik
replies: 76 views: 15,189
RKrizman 13th April 2004

Hey charles !! I was wondering if you could shed some light on how you made it in the music business. What were some of the...

silver_shake
replies: 7 views: 6,636
Charles Dye 13th April 2004

Charles and others, would like to hear how you print your mix. and why or what do you prefer about it ? Do you bounce it...

C.Lambrechts
replies: 8 views: 8,683
RichT 13th April 2004

Two months ago Joe Gore in his excellent LE Boot Camp column in DIGIZINE wrote a great two part series about VST plug-ins for Pro...

Charles Dye
replies: 22 views: 8,991
Teacher 13th April 2004

Thought I'd start this thread so that we can check out some stuff thats been mixed all in PT or other DAWS. I love checking out...

Shan
replies: 37 views: 13,547
BrianT 13th April 2004
Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search