The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Q+A with Charles Dye

Options
Views: 7,916
24th November 2017
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Charles,would you please tell me if I can have the same results with these two plugs in addition to the ones you use? for that...

Yiannis
replies: 14 views: 45,861
WunderBro Flo 1st June 2004

I'm trying to create a kick drum that has a lovely soft beater sound, but still cuts through the mix and commands a nice...

GRiFF
replies: 12 views: 21,167
theom 31st May 2004

I recently used a frequency analyzer by Elemental Audio called Firium on a lead vocal track. It quickly displayed where the...

Shan
replies: 7 views: 14,192
Shan 30th May 2004

Charles, I know you will be ending your guest moderation soon and I would like to thank you for being so open and sharing with...

djui5
replies: 11 views: 11,223
Shan 29th May 2004

howdy I thought maybe I'd get people's attention with that subject line...shiee But seriously... I would like to know...

jerdude
replies: 35 views: 22,750
jerdude 29th May 2004

Hi, I wonder how do you treat you reverb returns. Are you eq,compressing,widening? Is there any advantage on compressing...

Yiannis
replies: 2 views: 12,659
Yiannis 29th May 2004
replies: - views: -
maskedman72 29th May 2004

This is one for charles dye but anybody can chip in. I like the idea of building up my own customer console with the...

Bravestar
replies: 5 views: 14,435
Charles Dye 28th May 2004

What are the secrets to getting massive sounding drums as heard on big time R&B, hip hop productions? The kind of drum...

nd33
replies: 7 views: 17,219
thethrillfactor 27th May 2004

Hi Charles, Regards from Spain. I´ve seen you have mixed some Julio Iglesias tracks. Could you please tell me which...

cachemira
replies: 10 views: 16,660
thethrillfactor 27th May 2004

"There's so much more to say and I'm still just on krid's post. I will come back later and discuss the stereo buss in more...

Fidelis
replies: 14 views: 18,740
Charles Dye 26th May 2004

Charles and all... I've got an LE system that's pretty taxed out.... Problem is, I like to treat a great deal of the tracks...

bink
replies: 20 views: 12,255
Charles Dye 26th May 2004

Just a quick question! Im trying to make sure that my final mixes aren't going into the 'red' on the Master fader in Pro...

DjRio
replies: 8 views: 12,442
jeronimo 26th May 2004

I got PT HD2 accel system+192 interface +G5 2ghz ... I just spend £18000 and still havent got all the plugins and power i...

mac black
replies: 5 views: 10,192
MikeC 24th May 2004

I was wondering, for those who are squashing their drum buss tracks and sending other tracks into the buss as well, how are you...

wallace
replies: 7 views: 14,979
juniorhifikit 23rd May 2004

I know this has been discussed in depth. I am still reading alot of other threads on this subject. This is simply a poll to see...

music
replies: 2 views: 12,666
djui5 22nd May 2004

how do you pan drums in a mix? lets say that 100 is hard left and right and o is center. well also say that the kit is a...

maskedman72
replies: 37 views: 88,027
studjo 22nd May 2004

Hello, my name is Ali and im 17 from New Jersey, USA. I have been recording and producing music since I have been 13 and I just...

Sirocco
replies: 4 views: 10,002
Guitarman 22nd May 2004

Hi Guys, Firstly, great site, glad I found you all. I sent Charles this email and he said it'd be good for the forum so if...

GRiFF
replies: 26 views: 11,295
Guitarman 22nd May 2004

As a Pro Tools producer, do you use certain compressors and other out board effects boxes while traking but resort to plug in's...

Sir Bob
replies: 2 views: 10,925
Guitarman 22nd May 2004

I'm working on a song for a friend that needs a background vox vaguely similar to "thunderstruck" by AC/DC where they...

guittarzzan
replies: 18 views: 17,850
Shan 22nd May 2004

Ok, so after alot of reading I have conluding that adding eq ITB is not the best answer and can cauze you to get a harsh highend...

TheReal7
replies: 16 views: 12,113
RKrizman 21st May 2004

Charles must be making a fortune on these mixes. It's been 2 or 3 weeks since he's posted. Must be nice. What new toys are you...

Extreme Mixing
replies: 12 views: 11,754
Extreme Mixing 21st May 2004

Charles, I recently read your archived material at Digi's site and read the articles surrounding the Crease project. I was...

Digital Noob
replies: 5 views: 11,338
Digital Noob 20th May 2004

I was wondering if there is a general amount that assistants get paid. I am just getting ready to start an internship and I was...

Two Left Hands
replies: 36 views: 17,039
LTA 20th May 2004

right now i am mixing an album and the singer sang the 1st track then went back and sang a second track that is an exact double...

maskedman72
replies: 11 views: 23,943
not_so_new 19th May 2004

5 minutes ago I finished watching the school of rock movie.. and it was great for you guys that haven't seen it, very funny!...

Jose Mrochek
replies: 10 views: 10,859
Jose Mrochek 19th May 2004

Well, its another easy to answer question. I wanted to get back some info on how you guys use your compression, especially for...

GRiFF
replies: 94 views: 37,222
GRiFF 18th May 2004

Jules + everyone, I've been swamped these last weeks. I originally thought this week was going to be slower + I would have...

Charles Dye
replies: 4 views: 9,936
Charles Dye 15th May 2004

As I'm sure it has been apparent to many of you, I've been swamped in the studio + not able to respond to all of your posts. To...

Charles Dye
replies: 9 views: 8,618
Teacher 14th May 2004

Hi everybody, my first post after several weeks of learning. Thank you ! I've had the chance to work with a Neve 1073 and i'm...

Alan Boutouyrie
replies: 2 views: 12,673
Alan Boutouyrie 12th May 2004

Hope Charles and the gang can help out here...... I remember reading somewhere that the AC1 'console' presets refer to...

primafacie
replies: 6 views: 12,286
primafacie 11th May 2004

After I've sung vocals I always like to strap some auto-tune on them to give them that extra sparkle. For the most part I sing...

ixnys
replies: 26 views: 13,697
Rail Jon Rogut 7th May 2004

...and submit a mix for your critique!hittt Aaron English, an artisit here in Seattle whose CD I co-produced and mixed and...

bleen
replies: 16 views: 10,075
Roland 6th May 2004

hey all, this is a pdf by the waves team that has a detailed description of an "in the box" mix done using their...

travista00
replies: 9 views: 12,753
travista00 5th May 2004

Charles Thanks for inviting me to drop by, and thanks for your kind words about TL EveryPhase. We are gearing up to launch...

tllabs
replies: 7 views: 9,443
nikki-k 5th May 2004

MIX UPDATED: 05/04/04 - SEE BELOW... NOTE: File has now been uploaded as an attachment, see below Charles, after a careful...

TheHexagon
replies: 12 views: 9,212
Jose Mrochek 5th May 2004

Charles, Just curious. What percentage of time do you spend on a control surface as compared to a mouse? When you have a heavy...

music
replies: 6 views: 8,603
elninojesus 4th May 2004

Hi Charles ! I first wanted to thank you for all your articles that are very helpfull. Then, when you moved to the Hd system,...

Ambroise
replies: 22 views: 10,288
Ambroise 2nd May 2004

Hi! So... With all the advances in DSP power and software improvements, if one decides to use HD (Accel) with PT TDM 6.X and...

nikki-k
replies: 4 views: 9,041
lukas 30th April 2004

I'm thinking about getting one of these baby's along with a AD16X for a Mix Plus system. The question I have is how will it...

digiman
replies: 6 views: 9,605
RBS 29th April 2004

Charles, I'm not a protools user (i'm a cubase user), but i have found a lot of the threads on this board very insightful for...

likefire
replies: 25 views: 9,997
NeoVXR 29th April 2004

hi charles. i am a pro tools newbie(im using le 6.1 on a digi 002 rack) and i cant figure out a easy way to do this(actually...

maskedman72
replies: 12 views: 8,061
maskedman72 28th April 2004

Hey guys, since this forum is mostly about ITB/DAW mixes, I would like to hear comments on this mixs. It's still a rought mix,...

jeronimo
replies: 4 views: 8,351
jeronimo 28th April 2004

Some of the more recent plug-in releases are sounding really great. I LOVE the Eventide Reverb, great control, also Princeton...

Dutchmuzik
replies: 11 views: 8,721
juniorhifikit 27th April 2004

I'm sorry for being a little MIA around here. I hope to catch up on the posts in the next day or so. I'd like to try to make it...

Charles Dye
replies: 30 views: 16,557
krid 27th April 2004

What are some of your favorite drum sample c.d.'s for sound replacing or blending with real drums? Thanks!!

drumdude
replies: 6 views: 10,633
void 27th April 2004

I'm in the middle of mixing a tune ( in PT HD ) where the percs and drums were recorded in the same room. The Percs mics has a...

vudoo
replies: 3 views: 9,348
Jan Folkson 25th April 2004

When mixing heavy distorted guitars, how do you suggest getting rid of the fizz without destroying the presence? Basically, I...

xyz
replies: 22 views: 17,812
Mike Jasper 25th April 2004

Charles, You speak of only mixing in the box but I was curious what you do on the way in? I track to the computer a lot but use...

djui5
replies: 9 views: 7,045
Extreme Mixing 23rd April 2004
Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search