The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
HD reverb?
Old 12th November 2002
no ssl yet 
HD reverb?

I'm gonna make the move from mix to HD
What reverbs are you guys using? Who has plates to replace Lexiverb?

What other plug adjustments besides reverbs should I be aware of when making the big switch???
Old 12th November 2002
jho
Lives for gear

renverb, reverb one, and dverb (rarely) are all that I'm using on HD
Old 12th November 2002
Lives for gear

Reverb one is definately the one to have if you want to stay in the box
Old 13th November 2002
Lives for gear

I'm not a big fan of pulg-in reverbs (even reverb-one), at least for critical stuff. I think that considering the amount of money invloved in getting a multiple card HD system, one's doing a disservice to himself by not including at least one mid-price quality outboard reverb like an M3000 or PCM91. Especially considering the price you can get a used one for... Also, renting in a top quality reverb unit like a 480/960L, M6000 (or at least a couple of more affordable ones) for a week or two comes mixing time, is not that expensive considering the quality it brings versus all the costs that go into making a pro-project a reality.
Old 13th November 2002
Lives for gear

I'll second the M3000 - TC are very cool people too.
Old 13th November 2002
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by groundcontrol
I... Also, renting in a top quality reverb unit like a 480/960L, M6000 (or at least a couple of more affordable ones) for a week or two comes mixing time, is not that expensive considering the quality it brings versus all the costs that go into making a pro-project a reality.

Good point!
Old 13th November 2002
Gear Addict

Altiverb #1 (room B only grudge )
Reverb One #2 (room A only )
RenVerb #3

Theoretically you could sample your favorite lexiverb plate patches into Altiverb and still use them. I certainly intend on trying to reproduce the hardware verbs I own so I can use my outboard 'inside'.
Old 13th November 2002
Lives for gear

A question, folks:

Anyone used/using the Kind Of Loud RealVerb? Any thoughts?

With the 001, I'm stuck with using the RTAS stuff...Reverb One is TDM-only.

I've only got the D-Verb now, and it's not a total bummer, but it's semi-not happening for every situation.

The KOL RealVerb is only $250...deal? Not?

Thanks in advance.
Old 13th November 2002
Lives for gear

Eric, I'd suggest a TC M300 > s/pdif into your 001. It's dual engine, and for around $250, it kills any RTAS verb. Saves your CPU too.

Old 13th November 2002
Lives for gear

Yeah, I have to check out those. Anybody used one already? Is it in the same sound league as the M-One?
Old 13th November 2002
Lives for gear

Bassmac, yo, good lookin' out my brother...
Old 13th November 2002
Gear Addict

Altiverb & TC Megareverb are my staples.
Old 13th November 2002
Gear Addict

Greg Heimbecker wrote :
Quote:
Altiverb & TC Megareverb are my staples.

Does this mean you've got TC Megareverb for HD ?
I knew it was in the pipe - but is it really out now?
Old 13th November 2002
Gear Addict

yes, oddly enough it appeared the same day as the Bomb Factory stuff, around 11/1. The upgrade gives you the whole TC Tools bundle for HD for $199 if you had the reverb previously. I can finally return to mixes I'd had to shelve when the HD rig went in.
Old 13th November 2002
no ssl yet 
I've been hearing that altiverb is the shyt

How much can I get it to do on my G4 466?? Is it worth running or do I simply need another computer??? considering I also run SSC

I guess I could track all my SSC sounds before mix time ( I usually do anyway)
Old 18th November 2002
Gear Maniac

reverb

Definitely Reverb One, Altiverb is becoming a favorite though...kinda reminds me of the quantecs.
Old 1st December 2002
jho
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by no ssl yet
I've been hearing that altiverb is the shyt

How much can I get it to do on my G4 466?? Is it worth running or do I simply need another computer??? considering I also run SSC

I guess I could track all my SSC sounds before mix time ( I usually do anyway)
Describe Altiverb on another system, anyone?
Old 1st December 2002
Gear Maniac

"To give one example: In Digital Performer, on a 450 Mhz G4, attached to 1224 MOTU interface, at 48 kHz sampling rate and with a 2048 sample buffersize, a good 5 second mono to stereo reverb takes about a third of your processor in no latency mode."
Old 1st December 2002
Lives for gear

Curve:
I have and use the Kind of Loud plug. It's "OK". I think it works well on shorter ambiences...but not the long stuff....I would rate it one notch above the Digidesign RTAS reverb.

I would love to hear how Altiverb sounds in PTle...the demo's on the site are phenom (but the plug would probably choke my CPU like a bad 70's made-for-T.V murder mystery)

Cheers
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search