The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
How do you like your rough....
Old 11th November 2002
Here for the gear

How do you like your rough....

Ok Chaz, as you will be recieving our rough very soon, this begs a very appropriate question, How do you like your rough.

You hit on a few things in your Suggested Guidelines on how a session should be set up, which I highly reccomend everyone read and follow, but I have a few other questions.

1) If we've done a lot of "rough mixing" eq'ing, automation, plug-in treatment etc... would you just like that session, then you can strip it as you desire, or would you like two seperate sessions one of plain consolidated tracks and one with all our stuff, or just the one with all the stuff and a 2 track printed version inside it??

2) How much rough mixing is necessary to give you a good idea what to "go for" when mixing, and to follow that up, how much direction do you need from the producer/artist to find the blend?

3) What type of medium do you like. Is a firewire drive like a companion good, SCSI brick, etc...?

4) Do you frequently experiment with replacing sounds like drums if you think the song needs a better sound? How often do you make that call?

5) Do you like to have the amp farm tracks open and changable?

ok, that's enough for one thread, i think
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search