The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
PT/Mac vs Open Hardware
Old 11th November 2002
Here for the gear

PT/Mac vs Open Hardware

I have recently taken the HD recording plunge. I got alot of "Sell your PC, buy a Mac and get PT drool from people "In the Know". I was wondering what your thoughts/obsevations were on this issue?

My current rig will devour any Mac. It's a P4 running on a 533mhz front side bus at 2130mhz. I have 512mb DDR ram. I am using Echo Layla 24's with Sonar 2 XL. The computer handles everything I have thrown at it without a glitch/dropout/slowdown.

My Mac buddy actually told me this rigs records great. He liked the sounds. My only insecurity is importing or exporting to PT, tho I know you can work around it.

This may open up a "Can of Worms", but I'd like a subjective viewpoint.

Thanks!!
Old 11th November 2002
Lives for gear

Re: PT/Mac vs Open Hardware

Quote:
Originally posted by AndyT
I have recently taken the HD recording plunge. I got alot of "Sell your PC, buy a Mac and get PT drool from people "In the Know". I was wondering what your thoughts/obsevations were on this issue?

My current rig will devour any Mac. It's a P4 running on a 533mhz front side bus at 2130mhz. I have 512mb DDR ram. I am using Echo Layla 24's with Sonar 2 XL. The computer handles everything I have thrown at it without a glitch/dropout/slowdown.

My Mac buddy actually told me this rigs records great. He liked the sounds. My only insecurity is importing or exporting to PT, tho I know you can work around it.

This may open up a "Can of Worms", but I'd like a subjective viewpoint.

Thanks!!
Rember, if you are happy, you are happy, and if it sounds good, it sounds good.

IOW, if it is your personal rig, a for oyur personal use and you are getting what you want from it, dont worry, be happy!
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search