The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Percentage of time on control surface Control Surfaces
Old 26th April 2004
Gear nut

Percentage of time on control surface

Charles,

Just curious. What percentage of time do you spend on a control surface as compared to a mouse? When you have a heavy edit or mixing session, do you find you reach for the mouse or control surface for those situations?

Thanks,

Keith
Old 26th April 2004
Gear addict

For the most part, I just use my Control 24 to control volume/automation and panning. There are some conveniently located buttons as well for turning on quick punch, showing transport & mix window, loop play. I also use the transport controls as well (play,record,etc).

For everything else like slicing,fading,consolidating,duplicating,etc I use my mouse and keyboard shortcuts.
Old 26th April 2004
Lives for gear

I use the control 24 for everything except audio edition end plug-in editiong.

I guess I could have done some things faster using the mouse. but it just feels better doing it on the console.

Stein Tore
Old 1st May 2004
Gear Addict

I would say about 50/50 using PT mix+ 6.2.2 and FW1884
Old 1st May 2004
Gear nut

How's the Tascam FW as a controller for Pro Tools? I have an HD system and I'm looking into getting a one.
Old 4th May 2004
Gear Addict

I use it with a mix+ and it works great
Old 4th May 2004
Gear nut

I am about 50/50 too on the fw-1884. Levels, muting, soloing are all on the control surface and plugins obviously with the mouse. It has eq on it as well but I always use plugin eq anyhow. Lately I've been recording my own automations with the control surface rather than drawing them with the mouse. It takes more time but it always feels and sounds better.

Mark
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search