The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
OT:Possibly relocating to Orlando,Fl any tips?
Old 8th November 2002
Gear Maniac

OT:Possibly relocating to Orlando,Fl any tips?

Greetings Charles,

I apologize for the off-topic nature of this question but, i may have the chance to relocate to orlando and was wondering about the state of the industry in florida.i read mix and all the trades,but would like to get some opinions from someone in the area.

Thank you and welcome aboard,

Matt Brophy
Old 8th November 2002
Lives for gear

I grew up in Orlando but now live in LA and currently have a friend who I talk with a lot and who is a top level live/session drummer originally from the UK...he's there because of his wife...and he's had a hard time even while traveling to Nashville for stuff unless he gets on a tour. The sessions he does aren't usually happening there, they send him tracks and he sends them multis of his parts out of his personal studio...and he's currently making a sample cd...
But you got Disney, Universal Studios, Fullsail, etc. and a descent amount of jingle work...
So depending on what you do, I'm sure you can make something of it. It's not a LA, Nashville, New York, Miami, or Atlanta...

Others may know more
Old 9th November 2002
FX smörgåsbord user

Matt,

Sorry, but I don't do any work in Orlando, and I really can't say what it's like there.
Old 11th November 2002
Lives for gear

Buy bottled water. Goto Duff's on University (on the way to UCF), the BEST sub sammich place in the south. Buy roach spray. Get a battery powered alarm clock (ppower outages from lightning). Avoid O.B.T., unless you like hookers. And wear a condom, esspecially if you pick up someone at Central Station.
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear