The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
songs changing speed
Old 11th April 2004
Here for the gear

songs changing speed

am interested if some of you have experienced the same: some of my mixes seem to change speed when played in different locations. Some mixes simply sound as beeing much too fast when I play them in my boombox at home or on a friends stereo-set. I have to admit I am quite confused about that psycho-phenomena. Any Idea what could be the reason?
Old 12th April 2004
Lives for gear

I really don't belive (even if it sounds cool) , that different frequencies make a song seem faster or slower, and if it did I don't think we could perceive that.. maybe bats that can hear up to 90khz could . What does happen to me is that when I'm around people I'm showing a song for the first time, the song takes years to finish!! hahaha.. i'm scared as hell as what they will comment on! And yep , do sense the song slows down. Also when I'm in the studio, and excited listening for different stuff in the mix songs speed up. I totally think this is a mood problem. It all depends on your mood and heart rate.
Old 12th April 2004
Gear Maniac

I have had this experience before. Always speeding up, never slowing down. I have always just thought it was ear fatigue.
Old 12th April 2004
Gear Addict

No 2 digital devices will have the exact same clock speed unless they're tied together.. it's possible that the clock on the CD players is slightly faster than your Mix system. You should also make sure that your Mix system is correctly clocked to the correct sample rate or on internal.

Print a 3kHz tone on a CD and check the frequency when played back with a frequency counter.

Rail
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search