The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Is there a real time reverse plug-in for PT?
Old 5th April 2004
Lives for gear

Is there a real time reverse plug-in for PT?

I know we've got the audiosuite reverse but I'd like one in real time..
any ideas?
Old 5th April 2004
Gear Addict

You really gotta think this one over,man. I mean.....wha? Huh?

What I've wanted for years now would be the ability to have PT play/record in reverse, like reversing the transport on one o' them newer Studers. That'd be friggin' awesome. And cool. Quicker. And, uh, like Hendrix.

Tired. So tired.
Old 5th April 2004
Lives for gear

You can't reverse a signal in real time as you don't know what is coming which should have been played just before...

Sounds like Star Trek to me heh
Old 5th April 2004
Lives for gear

couldn't a file be triggered from it's end point and played in reverse...is that not possible? would there be a huge delay? how long? couldn't PT do it?!!

or would there have to be some kind of preview render run first --something that would need to be part of PT's architecture..?

Old 5th April 2004
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by Renie
couldn't a file be triggered from it's end point and played in reverse...is that not possible? would there be a huge delay? how long? couldn't PT do it?!!

or would there have to be some kind of preview render run first --something that would need to be part of PT's architecture..?

Ah, that'd be different, if the file is recorded on harddisk already, it's easy as hell. I just wonder, why would you want this? I don't see an application where the AS reverse wouldn't be as easy.
Old 5th April 2004
Lives for gear

oh I see, you thought I meant for tracking...

why would I want it?

1. reverse is a great sound effect
and
2. I like to hear things in context
Old 5th April 2004
Gear Maniac

yeah id like that as well....great for reverse processing, especially if it were able to play it back un-reversed.

nice for compression.
Old 5th April 2004
Lives for gear

maybe one day PT will be able to play back backwards alltogether ... the whole session ... that would be cool.
Old 5th April 2004
Gear Nut

Our new Crystallizer plug-in ( as well as SoundBlender) can do some pretty cool reverse delays up to 2 seconds long. It's a bit tricky to play live through this because there will be a pre-delay of the time of your reverse delay...if that makes sense. You can get around this by setting the mix to 40% or so, and playing to the effect, but still getting to hear your clean mix. Still, generally speaking reverse delays are something I would add after the fact.

Here is the Dry Blues Guitar Clip

Here is the Wet Reverse Delay Clip

Trying to play live with this sort of delay is really tough, but with a shorter delay can be done for some really cool effects.

Sorry if this email wasn't entirely clear...my words just ain't work'n today.

Noah
Old 6th April 2004
Lives for gear

Quote:
posted by C.Lambrechts:
maybe one day PT will be able to play back backwards alltogether ... the whole session ... that would be cool.
You can easily do that:

> Bounce your session to disk

> Open that file to a new session

> Select the audio region

> Open Reverse, and click Process

BLAMMO! Your whole session is now playing in reverse.

Now, re-import that file into your original session, and insert choice bits of the reversed session into the original.

Whoah! Right? One can get really creative with this, a lå Hendrix/Chas Chandler stylie.
Old 6th April 2004
FX smörgåsbord user

It's definitely doable to record to a backwards version of your bounced session two mix (as Eric lays out above), but I look forward to the day when we can do it with a single keystroke + without all the hoop jumping.
Old 7th April 2004
Lives for gear

Quote:
posted by Charles:
I look forward to the day when we can do it with a single keystroke + without all the hoop jumping.
Charles,

When it comes to PT, I'm becoming a hoop-jumping champion...

Using LE on a 350Mhz G3 and limited to 24 audio tracks will do that to a man.

Which has got me thinking: Maybe we should start a new thread entitled something like "Championship Hoop-Jumping In PT" so all of us processor-challenged kids can trade tips and tricks on how to get results like the pros with our little ghetto systems.
Old 7th April 2004
FX smörgåsbord user

Make it so.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search