The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Digi 192 vs 96
Old 4th November 2002
Lives for gear

Digi 192 vs 96

Hi Charles and Jules and Jon and all

I think this is the right forum to ask this question. I'm planing to upgrade from a Digi 001 setup to HD. It will cut a hole in my wallet, so I'm checking which converters to buy.
I have to buy at least 24 channels input and 32 channels of output converters.
My main question is: how big îs the difference of the 192 to the 96?
Is there a converter that can be compared to the sound of the 96?

Thanks to everybody Jo
Old 4th November 2002
Lives for gear

For a commercial place (with the number of channels you're talking about that would be one hell of a home studio!), I would definitely go for the 192. It has way better sound, more complete and flexible interfacing options and I'm pretty sure they will hold a better reselling value a lot longer.

If you want even better converters, buy the 192 digital i/o and get the top of the line converters of your choice... That can easily turn into a costly proposition though!

Hey Jo, where are you situated in switzerland? Just curious as I have some friends over there... One of them makes a wicked röstie!
Old 4th November 2002
jon
Capitol Studios Paris

Jo,

I compared a number of converters (HD96, HD192, Trak2, AD8000, 888/24) side-by-side on parallel HD systems.

To my ears, the HD192 and Apogee converters are both well above the HD96 and 888/24.

If my choice was limited to the new Digi converters, I would go with the HD192 without a second thought.

Jon
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search