The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Welcome back Charles!
Old 2nd April 2004
Thumbs up Welcome back Charles!

Hey welcome back Charles!

Great to heve you round here again. (this will be Charles' 2nd Guest Mod appearance on Gearslutz)

Whats goin on?!!!!

Old 2nd April 2004
Here's a bio!

Charles Dye
Engineer / Mixer / Producer

Grammy® Award-winning engineer, mixer and producer Charles Dye began his engineering career in 1992. Since that time he has mixed hits for Ricky Martin, Sammy Hagar, Julio Iglesias, and Jon Bon Jovi, as well as recorded artists such as Aerosmith, Hanson, Jennifer Lopez, Shakira,Lauryn Hill and Gloria Estefan, among many others.

In the last few years Dye has become a bit of a pioneer in the area of mixing records on Pro Tools, evidenced by his mix of Livin’ La Vida Loca, as Dan Daley said in Mix Magazine, “a milestone of technology: the first Number One record to be done completely within a hard disk system. In addition to changing the course of mainstream pop music, ‘La Vida’ may also turn out to be a pivot point in how records are made.” Dye’s further commitment to mixing in-the-box with Pro Tools was demonstrated by his two-time Grammy and Latin Grammy nominated engineering and mixing of five additional songs on Martin’s English debut album, including two additional singles Shake Your Bon Bon and Private Emotion.

In 2001 Dye was awarded a Latin Grammy® Award for Best Engineered Album for Thalia’s Arrasando, working with Pro Tools on that project as well. As a veteran Pro Tools user he has recorded, mixed and produced almost every record he's worked on in the last eight years completely on the system, and though he may use an analog or digital large-format console from time to time, you’ll always find his Pro Tools nearby for the sounds and techniques he’s become known for.

Pro Tools has radically changed the way records are made today and Dye is a big believer in helping improve other users experience with this new and sometimes challenging technology. He has toured the world (quite literally from Paris to Taipei) teaching a Mixing In the Box Master Class at Digidesign's DigiWorld events. His monthly column Hard Disk Life featured in Digidesign's educational e-zine DIGIZINE was essentially a twelve month course in mixing with Pro Tools and is still very popular in it's archived format. And his website charlesdye.comThe Pro Tools Learning Site—is another outlet Dye uses to share what he's learned about getting the most out of Pro Tools.

Dye has also worked hard to help establish a set of standard guidelines to help all Pro Tools users. Along with Roger Nichols, Eric Schilling, Tom Morris, and other NARAS members, Dye is one of the contributors who created the Pro Tools Session Guidelines for Music production. Endorsed by The Recording Academy's Producers & Engineer Wing, the guidelines can eliminate much confusion for all operators on a project, provide answers to anticipated questions, solve certain problems before they work. Making the transferring of sessions from one operator to the as seamless as possible.

Dye has his own studio in Miami The Gate where he does much of his mixing.

Old 2nd April 2004
Lives for gear

Great!

Welcome back Charles!

Old 2nd April 2004
Lives for gear

great to have you back Charles ..... looking foreward to it.
Old 2nd April 2004
Lives for gear

Welcome welcome!

It'll be great to hear some new mixing tips/advice and also about the new PT software as well!
Old 2nd April 2004
Gear Maniac

Hi Charles!!
Old 2nd April 2004
FX smörgåsbord user

Thanks for the warm greetings. I've been looking forward to this for a while. Let's have fun and share our new techniques!
Old 2nd April 2004
Lives for gear

Great to have a guest mod again!
Old 2nd April 2004
Lives for gear

Welcome back Charles

I'm looking foreward to learn your newest tricks

Jo
Old 3rd April 2004
Lives for gear

To Dye for!

Great to have you back, Charles. You're my favorite guest moderator ever to grace the GearSlutz pages -- and as you know, that's saying a lot.

Mike Jasper
PS -- I'll behave myself this time.
Old 3rd April 2004
Gear Head

Hi Charles. Great to have you here! Good timing for me as I'm just upgrading to PTHD and am very curious about plugins and doing stuff ITB. I'll certainly be paying attention here.
Old 3rd April 2004
FX smörgåsbord user

Hey Mike,

Glad your here!
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search