The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
audioease altiverb rtas and or tdm
Old 3rd November 2002
Bernard 
audioease altiverb rtas and or tdm

Hi Charles, it's been very enjoyable and educational reading your recent posts here. I was just wondering if you've had a chance to listen to the altiverb. I.m using protools le so I'd be most interested in feedback on th rtas version but any comments on this plugin would be most appreciated. Thanks!
Old 3rd November 2002
FX smörgåsbord user

Bernard,

Thanks, I really am enjoying this. Regarding Altiverb, sorry but I haven't tried it. I have the demo and I plan to try it soon though. Anyone else?
Old 3rd November 2002
There is only one

i dont think there is a TDM version of it is there? just rtas and htdm. i have heard the latency for PT is more than twice that of DP... i have even heard of TDM users getting a new machine and running it over via interfaces with less latency running altiverb in DP... and solely using that machine for strict altiverb.

the plugin is great... cant wait for more and more samples.
Old 3rd November 2002
Gear Addict

Thumbs up

Altiverb is great!
Old 3rd November 2002
Lives for gear

Altiverb is a kick ass tool. I don't really care if a reverb sounds "real" since I am very subjective with my verbs. With Altiverb, I've been putting lo fi before it to dumb it up and to emulate some of the PCM70 (still the BEST in the PCM line) programs. I think altiverb will sastisfy most of the people that don't think plug in reverbs sound good.
Old 3rd November 2002
Lives for gear

Alpha,

did you get a chance to D/L the new IR's? How do they sound?

Inquiring minds want to know!!!
Old 3rd November 2002
There is only one

which ones? the cello/putnam rooms? the putnam echo chambers are GREAT... the cello rooms are iffy.
Old 3rd November 2002
Lives for gear

How much juice does the Altiverb eat up? It's pretty hungry isn't it?

If you had, say, a dedicated G4 733, how many could you run?

I like the idea of sending in/out via light pipe to another machine that's used specifically for reverbs/effects.
Old 3rd November 2002
Lives for gear

Yeah, I was thinking about that too... a good way to find a use for the old MOTU 2408 that's collecting dust in the corner + I might get a new G4 anyway once PT6 comes out... Or even nicer, running it off a Titanium laptop + firewire interface with Motormix to use as a LARC... What do you think? Would the laptop be able to do that, cause it could then serve double duty as office, home compositional/editing setup and convolution reverb station.. How about latency in this case? Does altiverb works well with 128 samples buffer size in DP? That would be better than the 512 samples in PT right now...

And if I go do an analog mix, I bring the laptop along and stick one of my Lucid 8824 in front for a "nice outboard reverb" box! yuktyy
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search