The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Q+A with Butch Vig

Sponsored By
  Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Thanks for the time. I have to ask about reverb. I guess nothing specific, but any general tips or tricks you use? Are there...

Rikers Beard
replies: 3 views: 5,676
AMIEL 17th June 2009

Hi, the crash cymbals on Nevermind are so clear and detailed from the attack all the way through decay. How did you manage to get...

Bluemoa
replies: 0 views: 2,722
Bluemoa 17th June 2009

Hey Butch, There are so many excellent tracks with your production wizardry on board out there, its hard for me to single out any...

SAnthony
replies: 4 views: 6,343
Billy Bush 16th June 2009

Hey Butch. Thanks for being a guest mod! How do you deal with low mids (specifically guitar) during the...

rishi
replies: 13 views: 9,886
fooman 16th June 2009

Hey Butch, Really excited for your guest spot, the last Green Day and Subways records have been two of my favourites this year,...

Worlez
replies: 3 views: 6,741
edvdr76 16th June 2009

Hi Butch, Thanks for this really cool opportunity. I was wondering if you remember the first record you bought as a kid and...

mhartung
replies: 0 views: 1,285
mhartung 16th June 2009

Hello, Butch. Once again I will echo the gratitude expressed by others for your participation. What were the recordings that...

Butcha
replies: 0 views: 1,838
Butcha 16th June 2009

I read somewhere that Kurt didn't like singing in headphones and you set up a speaker system for him to track his vocals ....

ScumBum
replies: 3 views: 20,823
ButchVig 16th June 2009

Firstly I must say that your work with Garbage has been very inspiring to me over the years and still is. What Ive always...

redroom
replies: 0 views: 1,817
redroom 15th June 2009

Hi, thanks for being here... How hard do you push your role as a producer when dealing with artists? I mean, if an artist is...

Ngr
replies: 0 views: 1,404
Ngr 15th June 2009

You are someone who stood at the epicenter of the last great scene we had in American rock - or perhaps even American music -...

adpz
replies: 0 views: 1,619
adpz 15th June 2009

Hey Butch, thanks for doing this! Listening to your work, seems clear it sounds pretty analog-ish but I was wondering if there...

claend
replies: 0 views: 1,788
claend 15th June 2009

JULES? Can we keep all guitar stuff in here? I don't mind it if you merge some in. Thanks Butch for doing this! I have recorded...

Chrislpp
replies: 1 views: 7,582
ButchVig 15th June 2009
Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search