The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored By
  Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hey Butch (and Billy and Mike)howdy Thanx for taking the time to guest mod this forum, and for replying to a lot of the...

Acereject
replies: 9 views: 10,686
ButchVig 30th June 2009

Butch, Could you describe your role as executive producer for this album (as opposed to just a regular producer)? This is...

soundsundergroun
replies: 3 views: 6,782
ButchVig 30th June 2009
replies: 1 views: 5,882
ButchVig 30th June 2009

Hey Butch, can you enlighten us to the processing used on Chris' bass in Breed? sound like some sort of light synth effect ......

dalley
replies: 2 views: 8,452
audiogeek 30th June 2009

I thought we should have a thread just for AFI. For starters, how were the guitars done? I think I read it was a Les Paul...

mobius.media
replies: 16 views: 12,071
JoeMc 29th June 2009

Hi Butch, Great info & answers from you so far! I´d like to know how do you ideally like to deal with bass when...

jaakkol
replies: 16 views: 15,938
Billy Bush 29th June 2009

Butch, Thank you for doing this forum, I've found all the posts to be very informative and interesting. I just have three...

Home Brand
replies: 3 views: 7,674
Home Brand 29th June 2009

Love your production style, would be interested to hear what your favorite 3 records are. Thanks!!

Mr.Noobyman
replies: 3 views: 10,451
ButchVig 29th June 2009

Hi Butch! Drew Townson here. How's the ol' Trident A-Range doin'? Still rocking like a champ? How would you compare it to the...

GearHunter
replies: 1 views: 6,394
ButchVig 29th June 2009

I just got a new Fender 12 String, and I was looking for a pedal to give it that sound of the classic Rickenbocker...

ButchVig
replies: 2 views: 8,181
ButchVig 29th June 2009

TWO MORE DAYS TO GO!!!!! This special Q & A guest forum with Butch comes to an end July 1st! hittt kfhkh

Jules
replies: 1 views: 6,031
Jules 29th June 2009

Thanks for doing this. What type of preamp do you like, clean or colored types? I'm asking this as you've mentioned that pro...

tamasdragon
replies: 2 views: 9,455
ButchVig 29th June 2009

First off, can't believe that us hardcore Garbage fans have the opportunity to ask some questions! This is such a treat!!!...

Domenick
replies: 3 views: 8,189
ButchVig 29th June 2009

Greetings from rainy Russia, Butch and Billy! I'm a member of a largest russian Garbage fan-community, and I can say that a...

subrussian
replies: 3 views: 6,553
ButchVig 29th June 2009

I was reading through the new green day thread and saw that you used tape and Pro Tools. I was wondering if you could expand on...

rockitrecordings
replies: 8 views: 9,491
James the 2nd 29th June 2009

Hi Butch! I’m a big fan of your work. I’d have a couple of questions regarding your pre-production and drum tracking methods....

StereoPari
replies: 1 views: 9,689
ButchVig 28th June 2009

Hey Butch, Do you have any memories of L7's sessions for Bricks Are Heavy? This is another band that always had a very raw,...

staticwhitesound
replies: 1 views: 7,900
ButchVig 28th June 2009

Hi Butch. Thank you for your time and knowledge for the past weeks, it has been a blast. I was wondering how you feel about...

Music_Junky
replies: 1 views: 6,871
ButchVig 28th June 2009

butch some people here doesnt like the EX66 and some it does, I never hear them, but what did you hear on your EX66 that it...

eddiewer
replies: 2 views: 6,486
Sean Sullivan 28th June 2009

As a Garbage fan, I always felt quite spoiled in terms of singles. The b-sides, remixes and artwork have always been really ace,...

BlackCheremy
replies: 1 views: 10,818
ButchVig 28th June 2009

Hi all - noob here with a question for Mr Vig: When Nirvana's In Utero came out (and even in the hype preceding its release) I...

Shatterglass
replies: 12 views: 14,218
matskull 28th June 2009

I was wondering if you could tell us a bit about recording acoustic guitars in 21st Century Breakdown, you know, if you could...

Oroz
replies: 10 views: 10,156
chymer 28th June 2009

Hi Butch! Absolutely fantastic to be able to ask you a question! "Push it" was one of the reasons I started...

Ciaccona
replies: 13 views: 9,932
ButchVig 27th June 2009

Hi Butch, When I mixed the last Soul Asylum record Dave Pirner told me about a piece of gear the Studer had given you to test...

zmix
replies: 10 views: 7,395
ButchVig 27th June 2009

Hey Butch, I've had this question for a long time now. I remember reading a review of Beautifulgarbage; specifically how the...

Obishaun
replies: 1 views: 5,505
ButchVig 27th June 2009

Autotune. Your stance on it, how you use it in the studio, and your opinion on where it will go from here

MikeTSH
replies: 4 views: 9,921
jeep 27th June 2009

Hey Butch, I'm wondering if you have any advice regarding egos in the studio. It seems like most everyone comes across a person...

coopss
replies: 2 views: 6,513
steve10358 27th June 2009

Hey Butch, Stoked you're here... Do you have any special tips for getting well tuned guitar and bass takes? I'm usually working...

imacgreg
replies: 1 views: 9,465
Billy Bush 27th June 2009

Hey Butch, Ive noticed that in certain threads your very knowledgeable with regards to mic placement,mic selection, room...

usefullidiot
replies: 1 views: 8,159
ButchVig 27th June 2009

Hi Butch, and everybody else here on Gearslutz, since I've literally joined 5 minutes ago! I think that this is such an...

bexsmall
replies: 1 views: 6,796
ButchVig 27th June 2009

Hi Butch, I wondered if the Noble & Cooley Classic SS snare drum was used by Tre on the new album, and if so what...

Space Station
replies: 1 views: 8,664
ButchVig 27th June 2009

Hi Butch! I'm curious about the guitar solo Kurt did in "In Bloom," mostly because Kurt is not really known for his...

WinterSun
replies: 4 views: 12,585
kevynosborn 26th June 2009

I was driving home tonight, heard "Disarm" which is an amazing pumpkins song. Were the songs before you got...

JDN
replies: 5 views: 8,068
audiogeek 26th June 2009

What are your favorite tube preamps to use? What about them do you like? Use any on drums? Thanks man!

Bluemoa
replies: 3 views: 10,120
Billy Bush 25th June 2009

Hi Butch, thanks for doing this and my sincerest compliments on your impressive body of work. I would like to ask you...

Black Shadow
replies: 4 views: 9,814
megl 25th June 2009

Looking through your discography I noticed that a lot of the music you produced ended up in the music videogame Rock Band....

submodern
replies: 1 views: 6,204
ButchVig 25th June 2009

YouTube - Green Day Mix LA Butch, can you describe to us what it's like working with CLA? For some of us it's a dream that...

rojo
replies: 5 views: 10,679
fooman 25th June 2009

When you started to gain some popularity with your band, did you ever stop and think "Jesus, this is what some of those...

fooman
replies: 1 views: 6,311
ButchVig 25th June 2009

Hi Butch! Yourself, Bob Clearmountain, Jerry Finn (R.I.P.), Shelly Yakus, and Trent Reznor are by far the most influential...

herecomesyourman
replies: 5 views: 8,246
ButchVig 25th June 2009

There's plenty of software out thier based on classic gear, and style generators, can we foresee a "Butch" master...

tomcat
replies: 1 views: 7,125
ButchVig 25th June 2009

I'm reading a really funny book Shirley recommended by John Niven, called KILL YOUR FRIENDS. It's a scathing, wicked satire of...

ButchVig
replies: 16 views: 9,594
Mojo 25th June 2009

Hi Butch, Thanks for answering our questions, & thanks for your sterling work over the years, Nevermind & Siamese Dream...

drezz
replies: 14 views: 24,130
kats 25th June 2009

..well at least not as the terminator robot she plays - Catherine Weaver, in the TV SiFi drama - The Sarah Connor...

Jules
replies: 6 views: 12,108
bcgood 25th June 2009

Hey Butch, When working with engineers and assistants, what really upsets you and what really makes you say 'this dude is...

slaphappygarry
replies: 3 views: 7,266
tko 25th June 2009

Can you share favorite methods/gear for reamping, guitar pedals on keyboard tracks and so forth? Thanks!

dannygold
replies: 4 views: 8,003
Billy Bush 24th June 2009

Hello Butch, What has been your greatest revelation in your work as a producer...something you've learned and continue to...

DHL
replies: 0 views: 5,771
DHL 24th June 2009

What was the experience like working with Davey Havok on Sing the Sorrow ? What did you do to get the best performances out of...

ScumBum
replies: 11 views: 8,825
JoeMc 24th June 2009

I just wanted to comment about working with Butch on Siamese Dream. Butch was an absolute blast to work with and is one of the...

jefft
replies: 9 views: 8,069
ddageek 23rd June 2009

Hi Butch, thanks for sharing your experience, knowledge and time with us!!.thumbsup Any special consideration when you record...

AMIEL
replies: 33 views: 25,289
Savernake 23rd June 2009

What is your general style when it comes to panning? eg. Left/right/center with little between or is it more all over the place?...

mobius.media
replies: 5 views: 8,070
MTStudios 23rd June 2009

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search