The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
JEW-Chase This Light
Old 27th June 2009
JEW-Chase This Light

Butch,

Could you describe your role as executive producer for this album (as opposed to just a regular producer)?

This is a great production! The songwriting is far superior IMO to their last CD, the engineering is amazing, and CLA really moves the songs forward with his use of dynamics. Great job!!!
Old 29th June 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundsundergroun View Post
Butch,

Could you describe your role as executive producer for this album (as opposed to just a regular producer)?

This is a great production! The songwriting is far superior IMO to their last CD, the engineering is amazing, and CLA really moves the songs forward with his use of dynamics. Great job!!!
I decided to work with them in an exec role because I knew they have a lot of studio smarts, and didn't need a day to day person in the room with them. They wanted to record the album at their rehearsal space in Phoenix. Chris Testa is the engineer and co-producer...he was there making sure everything sounded amazing and helping with day to day decisions. Chris also help set up their studio before we started recording. As for my role, initially I gave them a lot of feedback on the song arrangements, then went out for the first week of tracking, and would fly in for 3 or 4 days at a time when they needed help. We ended up mixing here in LA with CLA.
I think the album is great, really hooky songs, and sonically the best they've recorded.
Hats off to Chris!!!
Old 29th June 2009
Gear Head

hi butch-

i was there too.
we did another week or so at seedy underbelly in LA and cut stuff/tweaked up a bunch of the songs b4 CLA mixed.

john fields
Old 30th June 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrius View Post
hi butch-

i was there too.
we did another week or so at seedy underbelly in LA and cut stuff/tweaked up a bunch of the songs b4 CLA mixed.

john fields
Hey John!

Yes, you had some very much needed inspiration and contributions on several of the songs at the last minute! Good to see you on Gearslutz!

And congrats on some of the recent records you've done! I've been keeping tabs on you!!!
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search