The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Shirley Manson as a terminator robot in - The Sarah Connor Chronicles!!
Old 24th June 2009
Shirley Manson as a terminator robot in - The Sarah Connor Chronicles!!

..well at least not as the terminator robot she plays - Catherine Weaver, in the TV SiFi drama - The Sarah Connor Chronicles...!

Whats it like seeing your singer acting on TV? Does the band all tune in to watch?

I'm a big fan of the show myself Shirleys' character is deliciously... er... hate-able heh When she comes on the screen its like - BOO! HISS! heh
Attached Thumbnails
Shirley Manson as a terminator robot in - The Sarah Connor Chronicles!!-shirley_manson_sarah_connor1.jpg  
Old 24th June 2009
Lives for gear

I think she possesses the typical vixenness of a Scottishwoman (11 years' experience talks here).

I love the series too myself...

B.
Old 24th June 2009
Lives for gear

She has a very good screen presence. I would never want to run into her on the streets and accidentally piss her off, she might kick my ass! But when I saw her on Craig Ferguson's late night talk show, I thought, "Hey, she seems harmless!". She was almost goofy in that interview.
Old 24th June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
..well at least not as the terminator robot she plays - Catherine Weaver, in the TV SiFi drama - The Sarah Connor Chronicles...!

Whats it like seeing your singer acting on TV? Does the band all tune in to watch?

I'm a big fan of the show myself Shirleys' character is deliciously... er... hate-able heh When she comes on the screen its like - BOO! HISS! heh
Ha ... yeh, she really nails that character. You know how some actors don't have to stretch much to make a role come across convincingly (because they're basically playing themselves)? Well my hope is that she does have to work hard at that part heh !

In the bad news dept., I understand that Fox has dropped or is dropping that show. Some nonsense about it being too expensive. %#[email protected]*&! One of the few things I looked forward to on the idiot box.

(WHAT?!!! Grrrrrrr - Jules - GS admin)
Old 24th June 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post

I loved watching her on SCC. They originally asked her on the show for a few episodes, but the producers and writers loved her (and are huge Garbage fans!) so they asked to stay for the whole season. I think she plays an awesome terminator!

Don't f**k with Catherine Weaver!
Old 25th June 2009
Gear Maniac
A particular moment of hilarity for me, watching that show, was a scene with Catherine Weaver and her child, and the child looks at her and says "But Mommy, You can't sing!" and Weaver just glares at her for a moment.
Old 25th June 2009
Lives for gear

Very cool, I didn't know that she was an actress now, hmmm. I'm going to have to check out my Sci-Fi channel listings to see when it's on here in Nor Cal.

So will there be a new Garbage album anytime in the near future Butch?
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search