The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Upon Finishing a Project
Old 20th June 2009
Gear Addict

Upon Finishing a Project

Hi BV!

Much respect and love. When you're done with a project after however many weeks/months of studio time with a client, of course you've had quite a bonding experience. Do you have any sort of ritual you like to do with the clients, like give a funny gift, or just go out to dinner and talk/laugh about it? Any sort of closure thing ?

And thanks for comin around here Mr. AudioLuminary
Old 22nd June 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironbelly View Post
Hi BV!

Much respect and love. When you're done with a project after however many weeks/months of studio time with a client, of course you've had quite a bonding experience. Do you have any sort of ritual you like to do with the clients, like give a funny gift, or just go out to dinner and talk/laugh about it? Any sort of closure thing ?

And thanks for comin around here Mr. AudioLuminary
I don't really have a ritual, as it's hard to predict how the album winds down. I try to do a hifi band dinner, throw down for some good wine, but it's usually smart to pick a window several weeks before the very end of the album. Usually the end of the album is quite chaotic, as almost every time I finish we've run up against deadlines.

After I finally approve the master, I like to put the album away and NOT listen to it for several weeks, sometimes months...until i can listen to it and enjoy it without being critical.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search