The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Reference: A must for the pro?
Old 19th June 2009
Here for the gear

Reference: A must for the pro?

Thanks for the ton of info you have supplied and time you've taken so far.
A Q. to the great:
I was wondering do you also use reference CDs when mixing to 'reset' your ears in someway or do you have other things you use to recalibrate the ears?
And in addition to that do you mix (on average) on quite a loud volume or rather low? You take much rest when setting up initial mixes?
Old 19th June 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Rock View Post
Thanks for the ton of info you have supplied and time you've taken so far.
A Q. to the great:
I was wondering do you also use reference CDs when mixing to 'reset' your ears in someway or do you have other things you use to recalibrate the ears?
And in addition to that do you mix (on average) on quite a loud volume or rather low? You take much rest when setting up initial mixes?
I usually listen to some things I've worked on, Pumpkins, Garbage, Green Day, etc...but sometimes i listen to other albums depending on what I'm working on. There's a great track my The Crystal Method I listen to tha has big, tight bass, Wild Sweet Cool...

also a cool electro track called Moan by Trentmoller that is good to test a system with.
Old 20th June 2009
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButchVig View Post
also a cool electro track called Moan by Trentmoller that is good to test a system with.
Fantastic track indeed! I love Trentemollers mixes.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search