The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Producer/mixer dynamic
Old 18th June 2009
Lives for gear

Producer/mixer dynamic

I'm generally curious about the whole producer/mixer dynamic....

For example, Butch is producing a cd that CLA is mixing. How does that work? Who gets a 'veto' in opinions? haha

I assume it's the producer, but when it's at the level where both you guys are at, I have no idea how the whole situation works.

Obviously I was talking about the Green Day project, but did you guys give CLA some time to work on the mixes before showing up and putting in your two cents? Did you sit down with him or speak on the phone before-hand?

Thanks for any inside info. Always been curious.
Old 21st June 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fooman View Post
I'm generally curious about the whole producer/mixer dynamic....

For example, Butch is producing a cd that CLA is mixing. How does that work? Who gets a 'veto' in opinions? haha

I assume it's the producer, but when it's at the level where both you guys are at, I have no idea how the whole situation works.

Obviously I was talking about the Green Day project, but did you guys give CLA some time to work on the mixes before showing up and putting in your two cents? Did you sit down with him or speak on the phone before-hand?

Thanks for any inside info. Always been curious.
The mixers I work with are very much interested in making the band and producer happy! While there are certainly opinions flying around during a mix, at the end of the day, I want the band to be happy with the results, as does the mix engineer, even if we disagree with some of the choices they make in eq, efx, levels, etc...
If I have a difference of opinion with the band or engineer, I VERY CALMLY lay out my argument why I think something should sound a certain way.

Hopefully they understand what I'm saying and will bow to my genius!!! Ha!!!
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search