The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Lets talk about Jimmy Eat World
Old 17th June 2009
Gear Nut

Lets talk about Jimmy Eat World

As the topic says: Lets talk about Jimmy Eat World, one of my favourite bands

I actually have no spesific question, but do you have any good stories to tell? I find "Chase this light" pretty similar in sound to the "Futures"-album. Is it just the band or did you pull them in that direction?

And thanks, not only for doing this, but for answere all the Qs so fast! It's guys like you who makes us wanna do this everyday heh
Old 18th June 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dozerbabar View Post
As the topic says: Lets talk about Jimmy Eat World, one of my favourite bands

I actually have no spesific question, but do you have any good stories to tell? I find "Chase this light" pretty similar in sound to the "Futures"-album. Is it just the band or did you pull them in that direction?

And thanks, not only for doing this, but for answere all the Qs so fast! It's guys like you who makes us wanna do this everyday heh
Chase This Light was recorded under interesting conditions. The band set up a studio in their rehearsal space. There was no wall between the console and band, it was very casual and informal. Chris Testa engineered, and he helped set up the gear. I think the album sounds awesome, the songs are really good! Chris has posted on the album before, so you should fire away with questions.
Old 18th June 2009
Gear Maniac

Yeah what a perfect example of modern production. Awesome stuff.

Where to start... how much involvement did you have with this project?
Was it to bounce ideas or did you really get to dig in on arrangements etc.?
This is definitely there most polished sound to date.

Oh yeah, and remember recording Laurie Vannes? That's my wife's aunt

Cheers
Kevin
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search