The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
In your Room (zephyr mix)
Old 16th June 2009
Here for the gear

In your Room (zephyr mix)

first of all, a big for taking some of your precious time to answer us what ever cross our mind.
"in your room" ,zephyr mix... do you remember anything of this session? any funny (or not!) story behind this?
how do you feel that your remix was the chosen-one to put out as the final single of the high acclaimed "Songs of faith & devotion" by Depeche Mode? it's your version of the song that DM choose to play in live concerts all these years too!
Old 17th June 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by afionidos View Post
first of all, a big for taking some of your precious time to answer us what ever cross our mind.
"in your room" ,zephyr mix... do you remember anything of this session? any funny (or not!) story behind this?
how do you feel that your remix was the chosen-one to put out as the final single of the high acclaimed "Songs of faith & devotion" by Depeche Mode? it's your version of the song that DM choose to play in live concerts all these years too!
I'm a HUGE Depeche Mode fan, Violator is on a my fave albums.
So when I got the call to do a remix, I jumped at the chance!
I spoke with Martin before I started the mix, and he said I just just do whatever I wanted. I dug the original song, so I wanted to keep the core of the song intact, especially Dave's vocal. What I would usually do in a remix is mute all the original instruments and start trying some new parts with Dave's vocal. Somewhere along the way I came up with that back and forth piano part, and the guitar riff. I asked Duke from Garbage to come in a add some noisy bits on guitar, which were cool.
I remember I was using Sans Amps and stomp boxes on a lot of the tracks, especially the drums.

Funny, cuz that's sort of the approach that inspired me to form Garbage!
Old 17th June 2009
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButchVig View Post

Funny, cuz that's sort of the approach that inspired me to form Garbage!
funny thing is that somehow, i always considered Shirley the "female equivalent" of Dave! (for her imposing voice)
anyway, GREAT remix and one of the greatest remixes ever done on dm stuff!
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search