The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Reverb
Old 16th June 2009
Gear Nut

Reverb

Thanks for the time.

I have to ask about reverb. I guess nothing specific, but any general tips or tricks you use? Are there any certain types for certain sources? I guess it's really the one biggest thing that I always feel like I suck at. When I add reverb it seems to sound fake or out of place. Thanks
Old 17th June 2009
Gear Maniac

on some of gish, and some of the first Garbage record, and most of Siamese Dream...there is this room sound on the vocals...Am I just imagining the resemblance or is there a certain piece of gear you were going to for that sound?
Old 17th June 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikers Beard View Post
Thanks for the time.

I have to ask about reverb. I guess nothing specific, but any general tips or tricks you use? Are there any certain types for certain sources? I guess it's really the one biggest thing that I always feel like I suck at. When I add reverb it seems to sound fake or out of place. Thanks
I have a tendency to use delays over reverb, not a hard fast rule, but I think vocals and guitars sound better with echo. If the reverb is not sounding right, maybe you need a better software or hardware unit. Or get an old plate reverb on Ebay!
Old 17th June 2009
Interesting.

Butch, so knowing that you prefer delay on Gtrs over Reverb....that is something you request from a Mixer?

There are any personal/technical request that you ask from a Mixer to do , regardless if he have a different approach?
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search