The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Harrison Console
Old 15th June 2009
Gear Nut

Harrison Console

Hey Butch, There are so many excellent tracks with your production wizardry on board out there, its hard for me to single out any one in particular. Thanks for taking the time to answer a few questions. What model Harrison Console do you prefer to use? and any particular modifications you prefer. I am recomissioning an MR2 that I had to hand wire the motherboards on down here in New Orleans....
Take Care,
Shawn
Old 15th June 2009
Lives for gear

Hi Butch, I met you in Oz once, we compared notes working with The Cosmic Psychos. I went out and found an old Harrison 4032 on your recommendation and you were right about the filters, in combination with the eq you could do great things with gtrs and drums. Had to finally decommission mine some time after Smart decommissioned theirs but still have the channels. I simply must make them into a sidecar one day, I really miss their sound! Did you keep some channels or did you find something else that did the same trick?
Old 16th June 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by princeplanet View Post
Hi Butch, I met you in Oz once, we compared notes working with The Cosmic Psychos. I went out and found an old Harrison 4032 on your recommendation and you were right about the filters, in combination with the eq you could do great things with gtrs and drums. Had to finally decommission mine some time after Smart decommissioned theirs but still have the channels. I simply must make them into a sidecar one day, I really miss their sound! Did you keep some channels or did you find something else that did the same trick?
We had two 3232's that we wired together. I loved that console!
We sold the Harrison a few years back, I should have kept 8 channels in a sidecar for the filters!
Old 16th June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButchVig View Post
We had two 3232's that we wired together. I loved that console!
We sold the Harrison a few years back, I should have kept 8 channels in a sidecar for the filters!
It's incredible how many people talk about the Harrison filters. Bruce Swedien always mentions them, and his eyes kind of glass over as he reminisces about them.

Somebody needs to make a 500 series rack of these things !!!!!!
Old 16th June 2009
Special Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmix View Post
It's incredible how many people talk about the Harrison filters. Bruce Swedien always mentions them, and his eyes kind of glass over as he reminisces about them.

Somebody needs to make a 500 series rack of these things !!!!!!
Hell yeah - sign me up!
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search