The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Since Thriller...
Old 22nd August 2006
Lives for gear

Since Thriller...

What projects have you worked on since Thriller that you personally thought were your standout bests?

Old 25th August 2006
Viking

My New Band "GJALLARHORN"!!!

Here's my new band "GJALLARHORN"!!!

http://www.gjallarhorn.com/news.html

We are Kicking Ass all over the place... Here's what the folks are saying...

The Word on Gjallarhorn

¨¨¨¨"a melodic mystical tour." - Utne Reader
"...reaches you through the language barrier with effortless beauty and strength." - Rootsworld
"This is the new image of world music" - Folk Roots
"A thoroughly Pagan delight..." - All Music Guide
"This quartet of Finns...hits with the power of a fierce Nordic wind. " - Fiddler
"Gjallarhorn creates a dramatic and distinctive 'wall of sound.'" - Sing Out!
"...this enchanting recording is one that should not be missed by any adventurous fan of modern world music." - CDNow
"From her fierce kulning to her honeyed purring, she practically stirs from the flames the ancient fertility goddess Sjofn." - City Pages
"...an album that constantly amazes with its depth." - amazon.com
"It is only with great difficulty that I tear myself away from this disc to review anything else." - Jon Davis, Exposé
"This group fuses contemporary and traditional music to create a unique experience." Horizont Music /Germany
"Gjallarhorn has the sound that's most ear-friendly to Westerners, partly due to the lush vocals of Jenny Wilhelms, a folk diva with a Sandy Denny-ish ability to evoke deep emotion." - Tower epulse
"..like nothing we have heard before by the quartet led by the celestial voice of Jenny Wilhelms; which to my concern, is one of the most revealing female leading voices of the nowadays prog scene and the one that has been eternally consistent... This production is impeccable and a must to unpredictable and audacious proggers. You'll get hooked on their music." - Prog Archives
"Don't ask me to pick a favorite track. Ask me to pick a favorite album, and Rimfaxe now gets serious consideration." - Musiczone
"This is one well-thought-out musical vision that makes for a surprisingly diverse listen -one in which
multi-instrumentalists carefully choose combinations of instruments and textures for each piece." - CMJ New Music Report
"It's got lush vocals, primal rhythms, richly textured instrumentals, haunting melody, all wrapped up into one of the most beautiful musical packages I've heard all year." - Green Man Review
"That Wilhelms is a major star is beyond doubt, and that this band deserves massive success goes without saying. Brilliant." - Mondo Mix
Old 26th August 2006
Lives for gear

I gotta admit, I wasn't expecting you to list something like this as your standout best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by From Website
Martin Kantola has been the exclusive Gjallarhorn live performance and studio recording sound engineer since their formation and has recorded, mixed and mastered all of their CD's. He has built microphones for their acoustic instruments as well as tube condenser microphones for vocalists, used by Jenny in Gjallarhorn studio sessions.
?¿?
Old 26th August 2006
Have you checked it out?

Bruce are there any web links to the material you just mixed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-cue View Post
I gotta admit, I wasn't expecting you to list something like this as your standout best.

?¿?
Old 27th August 2006
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
Bruce are there any web links to the material you just mixed?
Bruce was in London in July, recording the London Symphony Orchestra strings for the new spanish album of Jennifer Lopez at Angel Studios. The album was mixed in Miami right after his return from London. There was a website with photos taken at the recording session, but the site is down at the moment, we will see if Peter Wade will activate the site again....

Old 27th August 2006
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Swedien View Post
Here's my new band "GJALLARHORN"!!!

http://www.gjallarhorn.com/news.html
I've just listened to the MP3s at the site, read the info... I will be buying whatever Gjallarhorn CDs I can find. Outstanding music. Really, really groovy. Now I just have to explain to my wife that I just fell in love with a Scandinavian singer whom I've never met!
Old 27th August 2006
Lives for gear

Bruce, absolutely amazing group and sound. I checked out the video at their website. Truely a breath of fresh air. Just to think, a world without compression! (Yeah I saw the other thread).....

Thanks for the link.
Old 28th August 2006
Viking

I really believe we have something here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldone View Post
Bruce, absolutely amazing group and sound. I checked out the video at their website. Truely a breath of fresh air. Just to think, a world without compression! (Yeah I saw the other thread).....

Thanks for the link.
Check the following out!!!!!! It's from Finland!!!!

Dear Bruce,

just had to tell you:

A guy called today, he's been working at the national broadcasting company for probably 30 years, doing tons of music programs over the years. He said that "Rimfaxe" is simply The Best Record He Has Ever Heard! No kidding!

Coming from him, it's is truly something! He was was especially impressed with the balance and clarity of both the mixes and the whole musical message... They also played several songs on national radio prime-time today.

I really believe we have something here.

Puss och kram,

Martin
PS: Oh man they keep you busy on Gearslutz...

Isn' that great???

Bruce Swedien

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search