The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Forum  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
  Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Andrew & Gearslutz have mutual friends in the cool people at Mix With The Masters... they have enjoyed this Q+A as much as we...

Whitecat
replies: 0 views: 1,899
Whitecat 31st May 2019

A big GS welcome to Andrew Scheps! We've been wanting this Q+A to happen for literally years, so we're beyond thrilled that he's...

Whitecat
replies: 2 views: 2,372
AScheps 25th April 2019

We're super stoked to have Andrew here to hang out for a couple weeks and answer your burning questions... if you've never...

Whitecat
replies: 0 views: 1,370
Whitecat 15th April 2019

Hey everybody, I just wanted to say a huge thanks to everybody who's submitting questions so far, and also for all the really...

AScheps
replies: 13 views: 2,344
Jules 13th May 2019

Hi Andrew, What are your go to plugins or top 10 plugins except Omni Channel? As an example, what are your 1,2 or 3 go to...

DeNto
replies: 1 views: 3,349
AScheps 8th May 2019

Hi Andrew, Could you tell me about the bit rate you're currently using on your mix sessions? 32bit or 24? Can you elaborate...

jakelorenz
replies: 1 views: 2,497
AScheps 8th May 2019

Hi Andrew, and thanks for doing this, hope I‘m not too late. What kind of preparation „grunt work“(either by you or...

andychamp
replies: 1 views: 1,705
AScheps 8th May 2019

As an orchestral composer working primarily in the box with multiple computers, I used to have much more of my material mixed by...

paulwr
replies: 1 views: 1,380
AScheps 8th May 2019

Which reverbs does he use predominantly?

kodebode
replies: 1 views: 1,839
AScheps 8th May 2019

Hey Andrew, i see in all the discussion of your templates and work flows for your various parallel bussing/ routing scheme...

Blaine Misner
replies: 1 views: 1,504
AScheps 8th May 2019

Hi Andrew, thanx for doing this. Befor moving ITB you used to use a parallel bass treatment with a Transient Designer. I...

JSchlomo
replies: 1 views: 1,603
AScheps 8th May 2019

Hi Andrew, I would just like to repeat the echos of praise you have been given by other members. I have a question but for...

joebeesley
replies: 1 views: 1,377
AScheps 8th May 2019

Hi Andrew, I am curious, do you feel the same way about guitar amp sims, sample libraries and softsynths as you do about...

mikoo69
replies: 1 views: 1,625
AScheps 8th May 2019

Hi Andrew — I greatly enjoy your generous spirit as your share your best with others. In your years a mixing engineer I wonder...

Unkewl
replies: 1 views: 1,224
AScheps 8th May 2019

Hi, Do you use any tape machine simulator plug ins ? Such as waves Kramer, etc.. if so, do you use them in parallel? I personally...

bleep
replies: 1 views: 2,191
AScheps 8th May 2019

Hi Andrew, Firstly, thanks for your work to educate the tech companies and their future employees on maintaining audio quality...

SPatrick
replies: 1 views: 1,533
AScheps 8th May 2019

Andrew, firstly, thanks for being such a great dispenser of knowledge! I have learned more from watching you, than any other...

johnscalia
replies: 2 views: 2,356
johnscalia 6th May 2019

Hi Andrew, thanks a lot for doing this Q&A. Sometimes I find the bass guitar loses the definition of its notes within a...

dontsimon
replies: 1 views: 2,171
AScheps 3rd May 2019

Hi Andrew, Thank you that you are here and answer our questions! I have a question about eq and tonal balance. When i...

creedchub
replies: 2 views: 2,022
tony Mac 3rd May 2019

I’ve watched almost all your videos online and really appreciate how open you are with your craft. However I was wondering if...

jml designs
replies: 1 views: 2,689
AScheps 3rd May 2019

Hi Andrew. Thanks for the Q&A. Your MWTM bio mentions “jazz trumpet” - do you still find time to play? Any other...

Arthur Stone
replies: 2 views: 1,361
Drumsound 2nd May 2019

Apart from growing a badass beard, that is.

ChayaFFM
replies: 2 views: 2,608
bitman 1st May 2019

Hi Andrew! Thanks for your time answering questions here. Listening to something like the recent Hozier record, there's an...

ohgee
replies: 2 views: 2,434
AScheps 1st May 2019

Hi Andrew Congratulations on a great career. Loving the Omnichannel, it's so well thought out, sounds great and eliminates...

themusicguy
replies: 1 views: 1,783
AScheps 1st May 2019

Hi Andrew, so good that I can ask you directly. :) I am still looking for a reasonable substitute for my "RCA BA6A...

Frankie01
replies: 1 views: 2,076
AScheps 1st May 2019

Hi Andrew, First of all, thanks for giving us the opportunity to get some insight in your process and thinking. I am a big fan...

Mihi DDL
replies: 1 views: 2,470
AScheps 30th April 2019

Hello Andrew, big fan of your work, and even more so, your unique approach to overcoming challenges within a mix. The biggest...

3rdstone
replies: 1 views: 2,013
AScheps 30th April 2019

Hi Andrew, thanks for the discussion. I'm curious about your approach to de-essing vocals. Do you de-ess after compressing? Or do...

Petesie2
replies: 1 views: 2,213
AScheps 30th April 2019

Hi Andrew, thanks a lot for doing this Q&A! You are known for mixing on headphones a lot. What pairs do you prefer and why?...

Kreuzzwerg
replies: 8 views: 5,743
AScheps 29th April 2019

Hi Andrew, Thanks so much for taking part in this, we're all learning so much. I wanted to ask you how you deal with...

valjean24601
replies: 2 views: 2,272
valjean24601 26th April 2019

Hey Andrew, Big fan of the mix and depth on Jake Bugg's "Broken". I was wondering if you could provide some insight...

david bowies mom
replies: 1 views: 1,753
AScheps 26th April 2019

Hey Andrew, Noticed your Wikipedia lists you as mixing Nicole Atkins' "Neptune City" which has a great sound; not...

david bowies mom
replies: 1 views: 1,519
AScheps 26th April 2019

Hi Andrew, great to see you here, love the way you think. As you obviously go full in for parallel comp sends, what kinds of...

Karloff70
replies: 7 views: 2,659
bigdig 25th April 2019

Hello Andrew, been a fan of your work for a long time, and now bought the Omni Channel a few days ago. Have you replaced any...

Mrmot
replies: 1 views: 1,848
AScheps 24th April 2019

Hi Mr. Schepps! I am going to attend Audio Engineering school (CRAS) and I'm wondering if you have any advice. Thanks!

astrolabesoul
replies: 1 views: 1,348
AScheps 24th April 2019

Hi Andrew, I wondered if you could share with us what plugins (and settings) you typically use on your mix bus? Many...

hiccup
replies: 6 views: 4,333
AScheps 24th April 2019

Hi Andrew, it's great to see you around here, can't thank you enough for this opportunity! Will we ever see a Scheps 81...

Amazing Machines
replies: 2 views: 1,805
Amazing Machines 24th April 2019

I was wondering what your starting reverb/delay template plugins/algorithms are and what your philosophy is for adding ambience...

superwack
replies: 1 views: 2,653
AScheps 24th April 2019

Wondering if there are times when you feel it all seems formulaic and routine and, if so, where do you draw inspiration for a...

bash
replies: 1 views: 1,420
AScheps 23rd April 2019

Hi Andrew, thanks for doing this! Your Mix With the Masters and Puremix videos are fantastic and have really elevated my...

marchhare
replies: 1 views: 2,689
AScheps 23rd April 2019

Thanks for taking the time to do this. What are you looking for in any new plugins - is there something you are looking...

Chrisdmcc
replies: 1 views: 1,965
AScheps 23rd April 2019

Hi Andrew, Great that we can ask some questions! I work with clients who have most of the time musical references (like a song...

pass-out
replies: 1 views: 2,072
AScheps 23rd April 2019

Love your work and you been an inspiration.. Thank you.. :) Curious about what goes on under the hood of your Waves...

Jagman18
replies: 1 views: 1,442
AScheps 23rd April 2019

Hello, Thank you for the opportunity. I have been Re-watching all of your online interviews and lectures lately. However, I...

KingShane518
replies: 6 views: 3,845
AScheps 23rd April 2019

Hi Andrew Scheps ! I really admire your mixes and the love with which you teach. For recording vocals do you still use Hardware...

Ziko123
replies: 1 views: 1,928
AScheps 23rd April 2019

Hey Andrew, absolutely love the sound of Audioslave's first record and was wondering if you could provide some insight on the...

david bowies mom
replies: 1 views: 1,664
AScheps 23rd April 2019

Hi Andrew, do you ever do rearrangements of the tracks during mixing (e.g., dropping parts of the tracks, moving bg vocals...

random musican
replies: 1 views: 1,149
AScheps 23rd April 2019

Hi Andrew, what plugins do you use if you want to add distortion to your tracks (a little or a lot of)? How do you manage...

random musican
replies: 1 views: 2,017
AScheps 23rd April 2019

Hi Andrew, What techniques do you use for carving out space in a dense mix? Do you use ever do things like sidechaining vocals...

random musican
replies: 1 views: 2,021
AScheps 23rd April 2019

Hey Andrew, You're a GEM! Thanks for taking time to answer our questions! Question: At what point do you feel a mix is...

ClassyTouch
replies: 2 views: 1,918
ClassyTouch 22nd April 2019

Hey Andrew, I've been really digging the new Hozier album! Fantastic job...There's a few things that stand out as being part...

Evdoggydog
replies: 1 views: 1,661
AScheps 22nd April 2019

Hi Andrew, I love your work and thank you so much for doing this! :) What do you think are the most important elements of a...

gila
replies: 1 views: 2,518
AScheps 22nd April 2019

Just wanted to thank you for the Omni Channel. It is such a great addition to my tool set. I have watched your video several...

Extreme Mixing
replies: 1 views: 1,456
AScheps 22nd April 2019

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search