The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
A general thank you!
Old 3rd May 2019
Special Guest

A general thank you!

Hey everybody,

I just wanted to say a huge thanks to everybody who's submitting questions so far, and also for all the really nice feedback about both the Q&A and previous videos, seminars etc. I'm not responding in the individual answers because I realised early on that I'd spend half my time doing that, which would leave a lot less time for answering the actual questions. Please know that the positive comments mean the world to me and are exactly the reason I do things like this. I love that anybody cares about what I have to say, so I'm seizing the opportunity to say stuff!

Onward!

Andrew
Old 3rd May 2019
You are one of the main reasons why many of us persevere with digital audio. Thanks. and ITB. I discovered purely by accident that while certain plugin emulations do not measure clinically as perfect, when processing audio, they impart a pleasing sound, which I found more appealing than their accuracy. This was new to me, as I've been a purist - Green Audio enthusiast - do no harm to the audio.

I am converted, if it sounds good, that's what's most important... my new mantra...

And like you and Chris Lord Alge, I now mix fast, commit, take a decision, its art, not an audio laboratory... Feeling not measurement. (with a few exceptions, like plugins for forensic duties which need to be as transparent as possible).
Old 4th May 2019
Gear Addict

Noted Andrew. I tink that you are one of the clearest thinkers in audio today. Thanks for sharing.

Steve
Old 4th May 2019
Honored, lucky to read your answers! keep it up Andrew, and thanks a lot for sharing with us
Old 4th May 2019
Gear Maniac
Some people really know how to help (and care to do it.) This has been the most personally helpful QA for me on GS ever. Good questions from the community. Thanks!
Old 4th May 2019
Lives for gear

thank YOU andrew. for being so brave to follow yourself to go itb.

i love omnichannel, such a great too.
Old 4th May 2019
Here for the gear

So many interesting ideas, so much useful information. Thanks!
Old 4th May 2019
Lives for gear

I learned a ton, appreciate the effort, much thanks!
Old 5th May 2019
Gear Maniac
Can't get enough of your posts here, and your youtube interviews, not one day goes by without me learning something new and useful from you, and Omnichannel is my fav plugin by far, used on every channel in every song. Thank you so very much for doing this!
Old 6th May 2019
I have learned a lot reading your responses to some very good questions, and enjoyed even more. I appreciate you, Andrew.
Old 8th May 2019
Lives for gear

Thanks for your time and your consideration in participating here. It's alway interesting to hear view points that we know are being developed from time in the trenches. Hopefully typing out your thought process has made you think about the "why" in things you do and this has been as much of an enjoyable/interesting process for you as it has been for us.

I truly appreciate you taking the time to do this.

Old 10th May 2019
Special Guest

Hey everybody,

I disappear into a session I'm producing tomorrow so I think we're done for now. Thanks again for all the questions and hopefully I had something relevant and helpful to say.

Thanks!
Andrew
Old 11th May 2019
Huge thanks again from all the team here Andrew, we loved having you around. Let's do it again sometime!!
Old 13th May 2019
Huge thanks!

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search