The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Reverbs and Delays
Old 23rd April 2019
Lives for gear

Reverbs and Delays

I was wondering what your starting reverb/delay template plugins/algorithms are and what your philosophy is for adding ambience on sources - are you a specialized reverb/delay guy per source or more of a general space for everything with something else when called for? Ditto for delays.

Thanks again.
Old 24th April 2019
Special Guest

I am really really bad at reverb. I'm not kidding. I love the way some mixers use reverbs and sometimes I will get a session to mix where they have really honed the sounds of the instruments with individual reverbs. Unfortunately I'm just not that guy. My template has five reverbs in it, 2 for vocals (an Altiverb plate and D-Verb ); one for drums (a small room that I almost never use), and two short ambient reverbs to add a little length to the snare and the toms (these get used about half the time, and sometimes only in choruses).

I will quite often hear a reverb sound in my head, spend a chunk of time trying to get it, and then give up.

Delays are a little easier for me. I use BBD Delay (free with Pro Tools subscription) in my template for vocal slap, and then I will build longer delays for individual mixes as needed using H-Delay, Fabfilter Timeless, Echoboy, etc.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search