The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Some questions about Colundi;
Old 18th July 2017
Here for the gear

Some questions about Colundi;

Ey! How are you doing? Hope everything is well...

A while ago I visited the 'Colundi everyone lowlands tour' in my hometown Nijmegen and while not a particular fan of this kind/style of music was pleasantly surprised with the vibes presented. I can speak highly of it

I've not read into much of Colundi, but am intrigued nonetheless, my excuses if this is already dealt with in other threads or interviews;

1) Can people who don't believe in the healing powers of frequencies still benefit from listening to your music? Is it like magick, you have to believe in it, for it to work?

2) Now that you're balls deep into the esoteric powers of certain tunings, do you stop listening, or are weary of 'normal' (unhealthy?) music?

3) How does rhythm tie in the whole Colundi idea? Just like you prescribe value to standing waves, certain room characteristics of pyramids on deciding tuning frequencies. Are there similar ulterior motives for drum programming / bpm choice / layering / track order etcetera?

4) As far as I can tell from looking in at the outside, the Colundi group of artists following ancient traditions; tour dates chosen based on the Thesmophoria, astrology, microtonal alchemy etcetera, all of which give me a cult like vibe. Is there a leader in Colundi, or i.o.w; who is the main catalyst in teaching this ancient knowledge?

5) It almost feels like a mason'esque music guild where you'd have an initiation to join, all very secret I guess, but can you share anything on the crowdfunding motive for everyOne?

6)RDJ recently said in an interview; "Yes, I think I HAVE to be learning something when making tracks, even if it’s something very small. If there’s no learning involved, I wouldn’t get excited enough to do anything."

Is this a Rephlex adagium passed on to Colundi; having to incorporate something more? Additional layers in this big onion that is music?
If so can you share intentions, goals, anecdotes behind certain tracks?

Thanks for taking the time to do this!

Grts,

R
Old 26th July 2017
Aleksi Perälä

>1) Can people who don't believe in the healing powers of frequencies still benefit from listening to your music?

Yes.
Listening to colundi sounds:
If you are a living organism it will affect you.
If you're open to it, it can take you as far as you wish to go.

>2) Now that you're balls deep into the esoteric powers of certain tunings, do you stop listening, or are weary of 'normal' (unhealthy?) music?

Yes. I think I wrote about it elsewhere in this Q&A. It's nice to have a healthy amount of colundi frequencies daily.

>3) How does rhythm tie in the whole Colundi idea? Just like you prescribe value to standing waves, certain room characteristics of pyramids on deciding tuning frequencies. Are there similar ulterior motives for drum programming / bpm choice / layering / track order etcetera?

Yes indeed, most elements are derived from the frequencies; bpm, harmonics, sequencing, effects and so on. I use randomness a lot, the tracks are different each time you play them. Many (possibly most) tracks on the colundi sequence are 133.594 bpm. Makes it easier to mix them. Also, if you alter the pitch it won't be colundi anymore.

>4) As far as I can tell from looking in at the outside, the Colundi group of artists following ancient traditions; tour dates chosen based on the Thesmophoria, astrology, microtonal alchemy etcetera, all of which give me a cult like vibe. Is there a leader in Colundi, or i.o.w; who is the main catalyst in teaching this ancient knowledge?

I am a colundi colleague like many others. There's a colundi facebook group and within that there's a smaller group. The One is the main catalyst.

>5) It almost feels like a mason'esque music guild where you'd have an initiation to join, all very secret I guess, but can you share anything on the crowdfunding motive for everyOne?

Intercontinental nodes you mean? Colundi land. Awesome!

>6)RDJ recently said in an interview; "Yes, I think I HAVE to be learning something when making tracks, even if it’s something very small. If there’s no learning involved, I wouldn’t get excited enough to do anything."

>Is this a Rephlex adagium passed on to Colundi; having to incorporate something more? Additional layers in this big onion that is music?

That's a question for Grant.

For me, it feels like the beginning of something huge.

It's funny how colundi feels new and fresh; at the same time very familiar and ancient.

It's nice to be learning new things. Although most of the time I doubt that any actual learning is done, but having fun nevertheless!

>If so can you share intentions, goals, anecdotes behind certain tracks?

It's very difficult for me to put it into words. Having a jam is like meditation, a different state of mind, like having a colundi moment. Colundi time.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search